TRENDnet¬ģ First to Launch Embedded Green Wireless Technology
TORRANCE, Calif. - January 4, 2011 -TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces from CES the integration of energy efficient GREENwifiT technology in TRENDnet wireless networking solutions, resulting in reduced power consumption of up to 50%.
TRENDnet was one of the first networking hardware brands to launch energy efficient networking technology to the market with the October, 2008 launch of GREENnetT technology. GREENnetT is a TRENDnet wired switch-based technology that determines and supplies the appropriate amount of electrical power to each hardwired switching port as required by the connected device, by the port, or by the length of the connected Ethernet cable. GREENwifiT is based on similar energy saving principals as those of GREENnetT technology.
GREENwifiT reduces power consumption of wireless devices at different stages of the wireless information transfer process. GREENwifiT reduces power consumption when a wireless device is: idle and not connected to another wireless client such as a computer (this represents 70% of the day for the average home router); idle and connected to a wireless client; downloading content; and uploading content. GREENwifiT also reduces power consumption based on wireless signal strength. When a computer is closer to a GREENwifiT router, and connects to the router with a stronger signal strength, the router will automatically lower its output power when conveying information to that specific computer. TRENDnet tests have recorded cumulative energy savings of GREENwifiT products as compared to regular products as high as 50%.
GREENwifi Technology has been integrated into Version 2.0R of TRENDnet's 150Mbps Wireless N Home Router, model TEW-651BR-which will be available for purchase this month. TRENDnet's 150Mbps Micro Wireless N USB Adapter, model TEW-648UBM, has integrated energy saving GREENwifiT technology and is currently available from all TRENDnet online and retail partners. TRENDnet is in the process of integrating GREENwifiT into the Wireless N Home Router Version 3.0R, model TEW-652BRP, available this coming February.
"TRENDnet is excited to be the first networking hardware brand to launch GREENwifiT technology," stated Pei Huang, President and CEO of TRENDnet. "With the pervasiveness of wireless technology in our everyday lives, comes the responsibility of creating more efficient wireless devices. TRENDnet's launch of energy efficient wired GREENnetT technology several years ago, coupled with our first to market launch of GREENwifiT, reaffirms our position as a green networking leader."
For TRENDnet logos visit: http://trendnet.com/asp/partners/marketing.asp
TRENDnetis an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleledsupport. For more information visit https://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series