Transcend Ships mSATA and Half-slim Solid State Drives for Small Form-factor Devices
Transcend Information, Inc. (Transcend), a global leader in storage and multimedia products, today announced the addition of low-profile mSATA and half-slim solid state drives (SSD) to its industrial product line. The new small footprint SSDs are designed especially for applications where a small form factor is desired, such as thin and light notebooks, netbooks, tablets, GPS, and mobile internet devices (MID).
No bigger than a business card, Transcend's two new SSD modules offer greater design flexibility and cost savings compared to most SSDs which typically use the larger 2.5" form factor. Despite their compact size, the mSATA and half-slim SSDs feature a high-bandwidth SATA 3Gb/s interface that helps to bring the performance advantages of SSDs to notebooks, mobile devices and other embedded storage applications.
Transcend's mSATA SSDs leverage the speed and reliability of the SATA interface, yet offer a smaller form factor than 2.5" SSDs-only one twelfth the volume and one seventh the weight. The mSATA SSDs measure 29.85 mm x 50.8 mm x 3.5 mm, and adhere to the JEDEC MO-300A standard for small form-factor SSDs.
Compared to mSATA SSDs, Transcend's another small footprint half-slim SSD modules are in bigger form factors, 54 mm x 39 mm x 4 mm, but still much smaller than 2.5" SSDs-only one eighth the volume. The half-slim SATA SSD modules use the same SATA connector used on 2.5" hard disk drives and SSDs, making them ideal for applications such as industrial control systems and notebooks which are designed to use the 2.5" storage form factor. The half-slim SATA SSDs are compliant with the MO-297 JEDEC standard.
Transcend's mSATA SSDs are offered in 32GB and 64GB capacities, while the half-slim SATA SSDs are available in capacities ranging from 4GB to 64GB.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Xbox saves work with Final Fantasy XV on PC
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit