Noctua offers free mounting kit for Intel Core i7
Vienna, October 27th 2008 - Noctua today announced the impending availability of a new mounting kit which makes it possible to install Noctua CPU coolers on Intel's upcoming Core i7 processors for socket LGA1366. The new SecuFirm2 mounting kit is compatible with all Noctua CPU coolers since 2005 and will be supplied to Noctua users free of charge after uploading a proof of purchase on Noctua's website.
"We always strive to provide premium quality service for premium quality products and we like to think of our coolers as safe long-term investments", explains Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO. "That's why we've decided to stick to our policy of providing mounting kits free of charge with the new LGA1366 socket so that our customers can continue to use their coolers on the new Core i7 CPUs."
SecuFirm2 doesn't only ensure the same degree of security Noctua's SecuFirm mounting systems have become renowned for, but also makes it easier than ever before to install a Noctua cooler. Designed to combine outstanding reliability, optimal contact pressure and easy, straightforward installation, SecuFirm2 is an enthusiast-grade mounting system that meets the highest demands in safety, performance and ease-of-use.
The new SecuFirm2 mounting kit is backwards compatible with all Noctua CPU coolers since 2005 and will be available free of charge via Noctua's website as soon as Core i7 mainboards and CPUs are in store. A proof of purchase (photo, scan or screenshot of the invoice) of both a Noctua CPU cooler and either a socket 1366 mainboard or socket 1366 CPU will be required. In addition, the new mounting kit will be available for purchase at a low service charge via selected resellers.
Noctua comes from a cooperation between the Austrian Rascom Computerdistribution Ges.m.b.H and the Taiwanese Kolink International Corporation and has a development partnership with the Austrian Institute of Heat Transmission and Fan Technology (Österreichisches Institut für Wärmeübertragung und Ventilatorentechnik, ÖIWV). These connections form the key to the development of sound-optimised premium components "Designed in Austria": The partnership with the ÖIWV permits the application of latest technology in methods of scientific measurement instrumentation, calculation and simulation in the R&D process. Rascom's long, customer-orientated experience in developing and distributing sound-optimised high-end components ensures a clear focus on the users' needs. The use of Kolink's advanced manufacturing technology and ultra-modern production plants allows Noctua to efficiently implement its technical edge and provide solutions of the highest standard in quality and performance to the customer.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ