HDMIÂ® LICENSING, LLC AND THE CESI TECHNOLOGY COMPANY, LTD. SIGN AGREEMENT TO EXPAND HDMI STANDARD ACTIVITIES IN CHINA
SUNNYVALE, Calif. December 1, 2010 - HDMI Licensing, LLC, the agent responsible for licensing the High-Definition Multimedia InterfaceÂ® (HDMIÂ®) Specification, today announced the signing of an agreement with the CESI (Chinese Electronics Standardization Institute) Technology Company, Ltd.(CESI Tech) to support and market HDMI technology in China. As part of the agreement, CESI Tech will promote the HDMI standard to Chinese consumer electronics (CE) and IT manufacturers, content providers and professional media. CESI Tech and HDMI Licensing, LLC will also engage in joint activities including in-depth technical and marketing training programs to educate Adopters on issues related to product and marketing compliance with the HDMI standard.
"Our collaboration with HDMI Licensing, LLC enables us to support the world's leading digital interface standard amongst China CE manufacturers and underscores our commitment to accelerate the adoption of technology standards in the spirit of international exchange and cooperation," said Zhao Xinhua, president of CESI Tech.
CESI Tech is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Chinese Electronics Standardization Institute, whose main responsibilities are consumer electronics product testing and industry standard development. CESI was founded in 1963 as a professional institute for standardization work in the field of electronics and information technology under the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), China. CESI Tech plays a significant role in the promotion of innovative industry standards through its accredited laboratories and test centers.
"China represents one of the world's most important markets for manufacturing consumer electronics and with 30% of our Adopter base located in China and growing steadily, this is a market we pay close attention to," said Steve Venuti, president of HDMI Licensing, LLC. "We are extremely pleased to partner with CESI Tech, a world-renowned agency for research, technology development and advanced testing facilities, to support our Adopters and help accelerate the implementation of the HDMI standard."
CESI Tech services include product certification, quality system certification, experiments and tests, measurement and calibration as well as training for the public. For more information about CESI Tech, visit https://www.adtc.org.cn.
About HDMI Licensing, LLC
HDMI Licensing, LLC is the agent responsible for licensing the HDMI specification, promoting the HDMI standard and providing education on the benefits of the HDMI specification to Adopters, retailers and consumers. The HDMI specification was developed by Hitachi, Ltd.; Panasonic Corporation; Philips Consumer Electronics International, B.V.; Silicon Image, Inc.; Sony Corporation; Technicolor S.A. and Toshiba Corporation as the all-digital interface standard for the consumer electronics and personal computer markets. The HDMI specification combines uncompressed high-definition video, multi-channel audio, and data in a single digital interface to provide crystal-clear digital quality over a single cable. HDMI Licensing, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Silicon Image, Inc. (NASDAQ: SIMG). For more information about the HDMI specification, please visit https://www.hdmi.org.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce 397.93 drivers optimized for State of Decay 2, more
- US Department of Justice looking into crypto price fixing
- Epic is working on more major updates for Fortnite
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 710: built on 10nm, arrives soon
- Acer's new Predator Helios 500 notebook: Core i9, GTX 1070
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit