AMD and Industry Leaders Demonstrate ATI FirePro┬Ö Professional Graphics Momentum at Autodesk University 2010
New Certifications and Plug-Ins Further Improve Performance in Autodesk AutoCAD┬« and 3ds Max┬«
LAS VEGAS, Nevada -12/1/2010
Today, AMD (NYSE: AMD) is exhibiting at Autodesk University 2010 in Las Vegas demonstrating its latest ATI FirePro┬Ö professional graphics products for CAD and Digital Content Creation (DCC) users. Autodesk University participants can experience AMD's comprehensive family of 3D, multi-view 2D, and mobility graphics products that offers a complete top-to-bottom solution.
At its booth (#1201), AMD will be showcasing AMD Eyefinity technology workflows for CAD and DCC users, demonstrations of the performance improvement Autodesk users can realize using professional graphics products versus consumer products, and Autodesk applications running on the industry's only six-display output professional graphics card, the ATI FirePro┬Ö V9800.
Partner Support for ATI FirePro Professional Graphics
The AMD booth features Luxion, a valued AMD collaborator and the leading developer of advanced rendering and lighting technology. Luxion is demonstrating its latest software, KeyShot 2, powered by ATI FirePro┬Ö graphics. KeyShot 2 is a new application built on Luxion's production-proven, interactive real-time ray tracing and global illumination technology to break down the complexity of creating photographic images from 3D models. Luxion can be found in the AMD booth #1201 as well as the Luxion booth #304.
"We are excited to work closely with AMD to further explore the possibilities to fully utilize both the CPU as well as the GPU for real-time interactive ray tracing using open standards," said Dr. Henrik Wann Jensen, co-founder and chief scientist at Luxion. "Our goal is to provide customers the maximum performance when it comes to ray tracing by fully tapping into all the computer's resources."
"AMD has always demonstrated its support for open standards, such as OpenCL┬Ö, so professional graphics customers, users and partners can realize the greatest value from their ATI FirePro products," said Janet Matsuda, general manager, Professional Graphics, AMD. "Luxion's work in state-of-the art computer-based lighting simulations is advancing the possibilities for CAD/DCC users and AMD is excited to be part of this innovation."
New Certifications and Plug-Ins Take Performance Further
Optimized and certified for major CAD and media & entertainment (M&E) applications, such as those from Autodesk┬«, ATI FirePro professional graphics empower professionals in engineering and digital content creation fields.
Additionally, recently released performance plug-ins for Autodesk┬« AutoCAD┬« and 3ds Max┬« have seen tremendous interest from users, with the performance plug-in for AutoCAD┬« 2010 and AutoCAD┬« 2011 downloaded over 1,800 times, and the 3ds Max┬« 2010 and 3ds Max┬« 2011 performance plug-in realizing 1,500 downloads in the first five weeks of availability.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases