OCZ Technology Acquires Intellectual Property From Solid Data Inc. for Fibre-Channel, SAS, and Solid-State Drive Controller Assets
Acquisition Expands OCZ's Controller and Interface Technology Portfolio; Allows for an Expanded Range of Next Generation Products for Enterprise and OEM Clients
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov 15, 2010 (GlobeNewswire via COMTEX) -- OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (OCZ 4.04, 0.00, 0.00%) , a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) and memory modules for computing devices and systems, has acquired certain assets of privately held Solid Data Inc., a provider of solid-state storage systems and solutions based in Santa Clara, California.
OCZ acquired the Solid Data assets for a total consideration of approximately $950,000, consisting of restricted common stock and cash. As a result of the acquisition, OCZ will gain access to DRAM-based and Fibre-Channel ("FC")-based SSD controller technology for implementation in future OCZ solutions. In combination with OCZ's existing SSD technologies, the acquired Solid Data IP enables OCZ to offer a wider range of enterprise-grade SSD products to OEMs, including proprietary FC-based SSDs and low-latency DRAM/Flash hybrid solutions.
"The Solid Data assets facilitate a unique opportunity for OCZ to transform IT infrastructures with the unprecedented speeds, reduced overhead, and increased endurance of new storage solutions, " said Ryan Petersen, President and Chief Executive Officer of OCZ Technology Group, Inc. Mr. Petersen added, "These assets accelerate our technology development enabling us to deliver an expanded range of next generation products and solutions to our Enterprise and OEM clients."
About OCZ Technology Group, Inc.
Founded in 2002, San Jose, CA-based OCZ Technology Group, Inc. ("OCZ") is a leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of high performance and reliable Solid State Drives (SSDs) and premium computer components. OCZ has built on its expertise in high-speed memory to become a leader in the SSD market, a technology that competes with traditional rotating magnetic hard disk drives (HDDs). SSDs are faster, more reliable, generate less heat and use significantly less power than the HDDs used in the majority of computers today. In addition to SSD technology, OCZ also offers high performance components for computing devices and systems, including enterprise-class power management products as well as leading-edge computer gaming solutions. For more information, please visit: https://www.ocztechnology.com.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit