OCZ Technology Acquires Intellectual Property From Solid Data Inc. for Fibre-Channel, SAS, and Solid-State Drive Controller Assets
Acquisition Expands OCZ's Controller and Interface Technology Portfolio; Allows for an Expanded Range of Next Generation Products for Enterprise and OEM Clients
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov 15, 2010 (GlobeNewswire via COMTEX) -- OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (OCZ 4.04, 0.00, 0.00%) , a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) and memory modules for computing devices and systems, has acquired certain assets of privately held Solid Data Inc., a provider of solid-state storage systems and solutions based in Santa Clara, California.
OCZ acquired the Solid Data assets for a total consideration of approximately $950,000, consisting of restricted common stock and cash. As a result of the acquisition, OCZ will gain access to DRAM-based and Fibre-Channel ("FC")-based SSD controller technology for implementation in future OCZ solutions. In combination with OCZ's existing SSD technologies, the acquired Solid Data IP enables OCZ to offer a wider range of enterprise-grade SSD products to OEMs, including proprietary FC-based SSDs and low-latency DRAM/Flash hybrid solutions.
"The Solid Data assets facilitate a unique opportunity for OCZ to transform IT infrastructures with the unprecedented speeds, reduced overhead, and increased endurance of new storage solutions, " said Ryan Petersen, President and Chief Executive Officer of OCZ Technology Group, Inc. Mr. Petersen added, "These assets accelerate our technology development enabling us to deliver an expanded range of next generation products and solutions to our Enterprise and OEM clients."
About OCZ Technology Group, Inc.
Founded in 2002, San Jose, CA-based OCZ Technology Group, Inc. ("OCZ") is a leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of high performance and reliable Solid State Drives (SSDs) and premium computer components. OCZ has built on its expertise in high-speed memory to become a leader in the SSD market, a technology that competes with traditional rotating magnetic hard disk drives (HDDs). SSDs are faster, more reliable, generate less heat and use significantly less power than the HDDs used in the majority of computers today. In addition to SSD technology, OCZ also offers high performance components for computing devices and systems, including enterprise-class power management products as well as leading-edge computer gaming solutions. For more information, please visit: https://www.ocztechnology.com.
Latest News Posts
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct