OCZ Technology Acquires Intellectual Property From Solid Data Inc. for Fibre-Channel, SAS, and Solid-State Drive Controller Assets
Acquisition Expands OCZ's Controller and Interface Technology Portfolio; Allows for an Expanded Range of Next Generation Products for Enterprise and OEM Clients
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov 15, 2010 (GlobeNewswire via COMTEX) -- OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (OCZ 4.04, 0.00, 0.00%) , a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) and memory modules for computing devices and systems, has acquired certain assets of privately held Solid Data Inc., a provider of solid-state storage systems and solutions based in Santa Clara, California.
OCZ acquired the Solid Data assets for a total consideration of approximately $950,000, consisting of restricted common stock and cash. As a result of the acquisition, OCZ will gain access to DRAM-based and Fibre-Channel ("FC")-based SSD controller technology for implementation in future OCZ solutions. In combination with OCZ's existing SSD technologies, the acquired Solid Data IP enables OCZ to offer a wider range of enterprise-grade SSD products to OEMs, including proprietary FC-based SSDs and low-latency DRAM/Flash hybrid solutions.
"The Solid Data assets facilitate a unique opportunity for OCZ to transform IT infrastructures with the unprecedented speeds, reduced overhead, and increased endurance of new storage solutions, " said Ryan Petersen, President and Chief Executive Officer of OCZ Technology Group, Inc. Mr. Petersen added, "These assets accelerate our technology development enabling us to deliver an expanded range of next generation products and solutions to our Enterprise and OEM clients."
About OCZ Technology Group, Inc.
Founded in 2002, San Jose, CA-based OCZ Technology Group, Inc. ("OCZ") is a leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of high performance and reliable Solid State Drives (SSDs) and premium computer components. OCZ has built on its expertise in high-speed memory to become a leader in the SSD market, a technology that competes with traditional rotating magnetic hard disk drives (HDDs). SSDs are faster, more reliable, generate less heat and use significantly less power than the HDDs used in the majority of computers today. In addition to SSD technology, OCZ also offers high performance components for computing devices and systems, including enterprise-class power management products as well as leading-edge computer gaming solutions. For more information, please visit: https://www.ocztechnology.com.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding creator meets Robert De Niro at Tribeca 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11's Director says '$6440 story' is BULLSH*T
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate overtakes Wii U console sales
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate updated to 3.0.1, no Joker nerfs
- Super Mario Maker 2 pre-order comes with a sketching stylus
- ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha.....blocked mounting hole
- OWC 10Gbe Thunderbolt 3 Review
- did the old ivy bridge overclock issue on z68 boards ever get fixed?
- LED strip always on even after PC off?
- Netgear Orbi Pro Ceiling Review
- Carpe Diem! Imperator: Rome Available Now
- Garth Brooks Makes Mobile Game Debut in Words With Friends, Announces Final Pre-Order Window for The Legacy Collection
- Nexile releases new trailer for Jump King along with release date
- World War Z - The zombie apocalypse is frantic, frightening - and fun - in the World War Z Reaction Trailer!
- Focus Home Interactive Q4 2018 - 2019 Earnings!