Active Media Products Launches SaberTooth¬ô Z4 Consumer Grade 1.8-Inch PATA ZIF SSDs
32GB, 64GB and 128GB MLC NAND Flash Based SSDs Deliver up to 80MB/sec Transfer Speeds in Notebook Upgrades
Fremont, California - November 8, 2010 - Active Media Products, manufacturer of small form factor SSDs and unique USB drives, today launched the SaberTooth Z4 line of consumer grade 1.8-inch PATA ZIF SSDs as a performance upgrade solution for many popular notebook models. The new SaberTooth Z4 SSDs support sequential read and write speeds of up to 80MB/sec and 38MB/sec respectively.
The SaberTooth Z4 measures 2.8 x 2.1 x 0.2 inches (70 x 54 x 5 mm) and uses an industry standard PATA ZIF interface so it is interchangeable with standard 1.8-inch ZIF HDDs. It was designed specifically for consumer and professional laptop upgrades. The Z4 uses highly reliable MLC NAND Flash as the storage medium.It features garbage collection, wear leveling and bad block management built into the firmware to maintain a high level of performance and reliability over the life of the drive. The SaberTooth Z4 series delivers substantially faster bootup, application load and shutdown speeds than conventional PATA HDDs. It is one of the fastest and easiest ways to upgrade dozens of different netbooks and UMPCs to higher performance and more local storage.
"We developed the SaberTooth Z4 series as a cost-effective yet high performance upgrade solution for scores of laptop models using 1.8-inch ZIF drives." stated Jerry Thomson, vice president of sales at Active Media Products. The Z4 is available today in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities through Amazon or through ActiveMP.com.
ABOUT ACTIVE MEDIA PRODUCTS
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in small form factor SSDs and manufactures the Wink and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix reveals 'Salty Shores' Rocket League content update
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit