Archronix to Build the World's Most Advanced FPGAs on Intel 22 nm Technology
Achronix Semiconductor Corp. today announced strategic access to Intel Corporation's 22 nanometer (nm) process technology, and plans to develop the most advanced Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs).
The Achronix Speedster22i FPGA family will shatter existing limitations of FPGAs, allowing cost effective production of high performance devices over 2.5M LUTs in size, equivalent to an ASIC of over 20 million gates.
Taking advantage of the performance and power savings of Intel's 22nm process technology, Speedster22i will also extend the boundaries of FPGA speed and power efficiency, enabling as much as 300% higher performance, 50% lower power, and 40% lower cost than any other FPGA in any other process technology.
Achronix Speedster22i will be suitable for a wide range of applications in the telecommunication, networking, industrial and consumer markets and will enable emerging applications such as 100G, 400G Ethernet networking and LTE mobile communications. Additionally, Speedster22i will be the first commercial FPGA family that can be manufactured in the United States of America, making it the ideal platform for military and aerospace applications requiring "on shore" silicon.
"Intel's manufacturing strengths and lead in process technology offers leadership cost, performance and power efficiency benefits, giving Intel and our manufacturing customers such as Achronix an opportunity to design products with superior capabilities," said Sunit Rikhi, vice president, Technology and Manufacturing Group, Intel.
"Intel has the best process technology in the world and we are privileged to have formed this strategic relationship, which enables simultaneous improvements in speed, power, density and cost," said John Lofton Holt, CEO of Achronix. "The combination of the advanced 22nm process from Intel and the advanced FPGA technology from Achronix enables Speedster22i to eclipse other FPGA solutions expected to hit the market in the next few years."
Latest News Posts
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.4, Rares attempt at stability
- Insomniacs Spider-Man leaked screenshots tease two villains
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- FS 30 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $7,740
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit