Icy Box Announces IB-SAFE226 Enclosure for 2.5'' HDD/SSDs with 256-bit Encryption
Public authorities, tax accountants, CPAs, and hospitals - only a few examples for a realm where customer data are highly confidential. Particularly awkward is carrying such data e. g. on an external HDD. For users, who want to protect the data entrusted, here is a safe, practical as well as reasonably priced solution.
In the new ICY BOX IB-SAFE226, an external enclosure, an AES-256 encryption protects the data on the 2.5" SATA HDD. The user needs a physical key and the enclosure with its special chipset. To decrypt the HDD he needs the same key and an appropriate enclosure. Without the key: nothing. So you better do not keep the key too close to the enclosure.
Each key is individual. Only two of each are made. Combined with the chipset of the IB-SAFE226, it blocks the starter in the cache of the HDD. So you can leave the HDD unwatched for a moment. It only has be encrypted.
As the hardware is encrypted, the speed of the data transfer is unaffected. AES-256 means Advnaced Encryption Standard. The algorithm has a block size of 128 bits and a key length of 256 bits. AE-256 is approved by the US government for "top secret" information.
What is helpful for professional users is also useful in the private area. Eventually it's all about privacy. The recommended retail price of euro 49.00 including tax is close to nothing compared to the priceless value of some data.
External enclosure for one 2.5" SATA HDD
AES-256-Bit real-time hardware encryption
highest US government "top secret" standard of data security
Latest News Posts
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- The Legend of Zelda: BOTW - Creating a Champion details
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990X simulated tests: 32C/64T beast!
- Hollow Knight 'Gods & Glory' DLC arrives August 23rd
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit