ICY DOCK MB982SPR-2S Full Metal Dual 2.5" to 3.5" SATA HDD & SSD Converter with RAID for PC & Mac Pro
Icy Dock is a household name for its high quality storage products for RAID applications, SSDs, and functional design. Now, all of those will be combined into one ground breaking product: the MB982SPR-2S. This little device packs a huge punch with features and performance, allowing 2 x 2.5" SATA SSD/HDD to be converted to a 3.5" SATA form factor for use in most internal drive bays, backplanes, external enclosures, and server racks. It transforms the 2 drives into a 3.5" SATA drive with exact dimensions, mounting holes, and connection locations as a normal 3.5" drive.
The device uses a full metal construction for durability and drive protection, especially for use in industrial computers and servers, as well as military systems deployment. Inside the case there is room for 2 x 2.5" SATA SSD or HDD fitting the standard 9.5mm drive heights. Like our previous converters, the door mechanism moves a tray to connect and disconnect the drives as the door is closed and opened, respectively. This provides the user with peace of mind that the connection is solid. Also, similar to the previous converters, the installation process is completely screw-less and tool-less, saving the user time when first installing the drives, as well as any necessary maintenance throughout the product's lifetime. On all sides of the box are airflow vents to provide adequate ventilation to the 2 drives inside, ensuring they operate in an optimal environment. On the door latch are 2 blue status LEDs which provide the user with drive activity, power, and RAID status.
The RAID controller gives users the option to choose RAID 0, RAID 1, BIG, and Port Multiplier mode, and it can be configured via software that is compatible with both PC and Mac systems. This allows the unit to be configured for blazing fast speed, system drive mirroring, extra storage, or just an easy way to dual boot a computer.
* Converts your 2 x 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD to a 3.5" SATA HDD, for 3.5" SATA Drive Bay
and Backplane usage.
* Full Metal and Heavy Duty with Easy Access to Drives
* Screw-less and Tool-less Design Saves Tons of Time For Installation and Maintenance
* Built in RAID featuring RAID 0, RAID 1, BIG, and Port Multiplier.
* Blue Status LEDs on Release Latch
* Airflow Vents For Heat Dissipation With Anti-vibration Design.
* Universal Mounting Holes For Most Common PC Cases.
* Windows and Mac Software for RAID Set Up
* Compatible With Most 3.5" HDD Backplanes and Hot Swap Devices.
* Compatible With Mac Pro.
* Screw-less Design For Quick & Easy Installation.
* Perfect For Power Users, System Integrators and IT Professionals.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- AMD's new drivers add CrossFire support to RX Vega
- Intel working on dual-core i3-7360X for X299
- Razer will announce a 'mobile device' later this year
- MSI shows off GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower