Samsung Now Producing 20nm-class, 64-gigabit 3-bit NAND Flash Memory
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., the world leader in advanced memory technology, announced today the industry's first production of a 3-bit-cell (3bit), 64 gigabit (Gb) NAND flash using 20 nanometer (nm)-class process technology. The highly advanced new chip can be used in high-density flash solutions such as USB flash drives (UFDs) and Secure Digital (SD) memory cards.
"Samsung has repeatedly provided the market with leading-edge NAND flash solutions, including the introduction of 30nm-class, 32Gb 3-bit NAND flash last November," said Seijin Kim, vice president, Flash Memory Planning/Enabling, Samsung Electronics. "By now entering into full production of 20nm-class 64Gb 3-bit devices, we expect to accelerate adoption of our high-performance NAND solutions that use Toggle DDR technology, for applications that also require high-density NAND."
The availability of storage density as high as eight gigabytes (64Gb) in a single chip will trigger widespread acceptance of Toggle DDR-based high-performance flash in UFDs and SD cards, as well as smart phones and SSDs, while replacing previous four gigabyte (32Gb) devices in the market.
Samsung's 20nm-class, 64Gb 3-bit NAND has a 60 percent higher productivity level than 30nm-class, 32Gb 3-bit NAND. The device also offers improved performance by applying Toggle DDR (Double Data Rate) 1.0 specifications, compared to those of SDR (Single Data Rate) based 30nm-class NAND chips.
Following the production of 20nm-class 32Gb MLC NAND in April, Samsung expands its product offerings at the leading-edge 20nm-class process node with the introduction of the 20nm-class 64Gb 3-bit NAND.
Latest News Posts
- Arena of Valor will debut to the Nintendo Switch September
- Here's the list of NVIDIA RTX-capable games
- FromSoftware reveal 15 minutes of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Boot Selection Always Shows up on Startup
- Z87 pro4 bios setting not sticking
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- RAZER UNVEILS NEW PLAYSTATION 4 WIRELESS LINEUP WITH OFFICIALLY LICENSED RAIJU CONTROLLERS, AND THRESHER HEADSET
- JUST CAUSE 4 WORLD EXCLUSIVE TORNADO GAMEPLAY REVEAL
- CIRCLE Entertainment will publish platformer Button Button on Nintendo Switch
- 11-11: MEMORIES RETOLDSTORY TRAILER REVEALED
- Microids fills out its catalogue for the end of 2018!