Samsung Announces New SE-S084F External DVD Writer
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a worldwide leader in digital consumer electronics and information technology, announced today its newest consumer-friendly external DVD writer, the SE-S084F optical disc drive This drive will be available just in time for the holiday season at select online retail outlets.
"Weighing less than one pound and available in five distinct colors, the Samsung SE-S084F DVD Writer was built for netbook and mini PC users, who require the flexibility of a smaller device, but do not want to sacrifice the benefits of an optical disc drive," said John Suh, director of OMS sales, optical disc drive division for Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. "For ultimate portability, the DVD writer offers customers high-performance reading and writing functions directly from a USB power source, removing the need for an AC adaptor or power cables."
The eco-friendly DVD writer is compliant with RoHS guidelines that limit the use of chemicals such as Pb, Cd, Cr+6, Hg, PBBs and PBDE. Samsung uses lead-free soldering manufacturing technologies, further eliminating the use of harmful materials.
The SE-S084F DVD Writer is designed with WriteMaster technology, which enables multitasking on the PC and high-speed writing, even in lower performance PCs. Buffer Under Run technology is also included to prevent errors that result from writing speeds that exceed data transfer speeds for uninterrupted PC use. Certified compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems, this drive uses Tilt Actuator Compensation Technology for reliable writing of all disc areas.
The new external drive is smaller, lighter and faster than its predecessor, the SE-S084C. The SE-S084F provides a variety of speeds across different data media types including: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD±R recording, 5X DVD-RAM recording, 6X DVD+R Dual Layer recording, 6X DVD-R Dual Layer recording, 8X DVD+RW recording and 6X DVD-RW recording.
The SE-S084F is available at selected online retail outlets with a MSRP starting at US$59.99
Latest News Posts
- Cheaper Switch model coming in June, sources say
- Call of Duty 2019 hyped at private playtest event
- Next-gen Switch isn't happening, sources at Nintendo say
- Nintendo Switch firmware update brings system to 8.0.1
- Fan hurls dead crab at Super Smash Bros. Pro Player in match
- Fitbit Versa Lite Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)