Samsung Announces New SE-S084F External DVD Writer
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a worldwide leader in digital consumer electronics and information technology, announced today its newest consumer-friendly external DVD writer, the SE-S084F optical disc drive This drive will be available just in time for the holiday season at select online retail outlets.
"Weighing less than one pound and available in five distinct colors, the Samsung SE-S084F DVD Writer was built for netbook and mini PC users, who require the flexibility of a smaller device, but do not want to sacrifice the benefits of an optical disc drive," said John Suh, director of OMS sales, optical disc drive division for Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. "For ultimate portability, the DVD writer offers customers high-performance reading and writing functions directly from a USB power source, removing the need for an AC adaptor or power cables."
The eco-friendly DVD writer is compliant with RoHS guidelines that limit the use of chemicals such as Pb, Cd, Cr+6, Hg, PBBs and PBDE. Samsung uses lead-free soldering manufacturing technologies, further eliminating the use of harmful materials.
The SE-S084F DVD Writer is designed with WriteMaster technology, which enables multitasking on the PC and high-speed writing, even in lower performance PCs. Buffer Under Run technology is also included to prevent errors that result from writing speeds that exceed data transfer speeds for uninterrupted PC use. Certified compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems, this drive uses Tilt Actuator Compensation Technology for reliable writing of all disc areas.
The new external drive is smaller, lighter and faster than its predecessor, the SE-S084C. The SE-S084F provides a variety of speeds across different data media types including: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD±R recording, 5X DVD-RAM recording, 6X DVD+R Dual Layer recording, 6X DVD-R Dual Layer recording, 8X DVD+RW recording and 6X DVD-RW recording.
The SE-S084F is available at selected online retail outlets with a MSRP starting at US$59.99
Latest News Posts
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- AMD's new drivers add CrossFire support to RX Vega
- Intel working on dual-core i3-7360X for X299
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM