WD Photos(TM) Free Photo Viewer App for iPad(TM) and iPhone(R) Accesses Images Stored on WD(R) Network Drives
Update to Photo Viewing Software Turns iPad into the Ultimate Photo Album
LAKE FOREST, Calif., Oct 07, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --
WD(R) (NYSE: WDC), the world's leader in external storage solutions, today announced WD Photos(TM)(photo), the newest release of its photo viewer app, which is now optimized for iPad(TM) and iPhone(R)4. Available as a free download from iTunes(R), the WD Photos app provides remote access to photos stored on a WD network hard drive including My Book(R) World Edition(TM), My Book Live(TM) and WD ShareSpace(TM). The images are displayed in native iPad and iPhone resolution, and users can access up to 285,000 of their favorite photos anywhere they can access the Internet by simply copying their pictures into the "Shared Pictures" folder on their WD network hard drive. The WD Photos photo viewer app offers a variety of new features that allow users to stay connected to more of their digital photos, including:
Pinch and zoom functionality so consumers can digitally zoom in on the displayed photo;
Horizontal split view for iPad;
Option to instantly post photos from the WD Photos app to users' Facebook(R) wall;
New slideshow transitions including pan and zoom, page curl, and cube;
Increased 5 GB capacity to support iPad's larger memory and higher resolution;
iPad full screen support at 1024x768; and,
iPhone HD/OS 3 & 4 support.
WD Photos photo viewer app, optimized for iPad and other leading Apple(R) mobile devices, fulfills the growing demand to view, store, and consolidate photos on the go. With over 2 million iPads sold as of May 31, 2010 (Apple), the iPad has been embraced enthusiastically by consumers to access and share their digital content.
Although digital photo viewing is not new, research firm Parks Associates says the practice is still on the rise. According to a recent Parks survey, 68 percent of broadband households viewed digital photos at least monthly in 2009, compared to 59 percent in 2006 (Parks Associates: Consumer Storage Opportunities 2010). Combining the centralized storage and remote access benefits of WD's network drives with the iPad is a natural fit with this rapidly growing consumer behavior.
"Viewing pictures on an iPad is a great experience. WD Photos leverages the iPad's beautiful multi-touch screen to enable truly intuitive navigation of thousands of photos," said Dale Pistilli, vice president of marketing for WD's branded products group. "With our application, consumers can share a lifetime of photos right from their sofa without worrying about which photos to sync or how they're organized. With access to up to 285,000 photos stored on a WD network drive, users can have instant access to all their photos wherever they are."
WD Photos Photo Compatibility
Available for download now at the Apple iTunes Store(R), WD Photos photo viewer app is compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPhone 4, and iPod touch(R) and works with My Book World Edition, My Book World Edition II, WD ShareSpace, and My Book Live. Users must register with WD's free, secure MioNet(R) remote access service to use the WD Photos photo viewer app.
WD, one of the storage industry's pioneers and long-time leaders, provides products and services for people and organizations that collect, manage and use digital information. The company designs and produces reliable, high-performance hard drives and solid state drives that keep users' data accessible and secure from loss. Its advanced technologies are configured into applications for client and enterprise computing, embedded systems and consumer electronics, as well as its own consumer storage and media products.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon plan 1984-style facial recognition tech for US cities
- Apple block Valve's Steam Link app over 'business conflicts'
- GeForce 397.93 drivers optimized for State of Decay 2, more
- US Department of Justice looking into crypto price fixing
- Epic is working on more major updates for Fortnite
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit