Synology Unveils USB Station 2 - Most Affordable, Power-saving and Easy to Use NAS
Synology Inc. today launched the new USB Station 2, an affordable and easy to use NAS server, featuring plug-and-play file sharing, multimedia content streaming, download without a PC, and low power consumption of only 4W in operation, making it prefect for home to small office networks running multiplatform.
"USB Station 2 is the most affordable Synology's NAS server ever. Almost everyone can afford it and experience the rich features of file sharing and multimedia enjoyment delivered by its legendary Synology DiskStation Manager 3.0 (DSM 3.0) operating system," said Chad Cheng, product manager of Synology Inc.
By simply plugging in any USB storage devices, USB Station 2 is ready to share files and multimedia content among Windows, Mac, and Linux, vastly increasing users' work efficiency, yet decreasing IT administration cost. Synology's groundbreaking File Browser feature delivers effortless and intuitive file sharing with the ease of file navigation in a web browser. The USB printer sharing capability further minimizes users' expenses by sharing printing resources throughout the working environment.
USB Station 2 boasts versatile multimedia features that are available right out of the box. One of them is Audio Station 2 application that supports music, Internet radio stations, and iPod playback with optional speakers. Streaming mode allows music to be shared with multiple users over the Intranet or Internet. Furthermore, DS audio smartphone application allows users to stream terabyte of music stored on USB Station 2 to iPhone, iPod touch or Andriod phone whenever Internet access is available.
Other key multimedia applications are Download Station 2 that functions as a 24/7 download center without a PC; iTunes Server that allows users to share music and video with other iTunes clients over the network; and the DLNA certified media server that allows users to stream multimedia files to a DLNA/UPnP compatible devices, including digital media adapter (DMA), TV-set, Sony PS3 or Microsoft Xbox360.
"USB Station 2 lives up to our principle of being environmental friendly. It consumes only 4W in operation and enables the connected external hard drives hibernate," added Cheng. "Together with its fan-less design, USB Station 2 not only reduces users' carbon footprints but also brings them noiseless environments."
Latest News Posts
- The Division movie secures John Wick, Deadpool 2 director
- Microsoft seeks engineers for next-gen Xbox, teases GDDR6
- Fortnite developer: no rush to make new Battle Royale maps
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass announced, full reveal at E3
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X overclocked to 6GHz with LN2 cooling
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit