Toshiba Unveils Canvio 3.0 Portable Hard Drives with SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Interface
With the ever-increasing demands of digital media, Toshiba introduces the Canvio 3.0 portable hard disk drive (HDD) featuring a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface. For the same price as competing USB 2.0 drives, Canvio 3.0 drives offer blazing fast file transfers at up to 10 times the speed of USB 2.0 drives. Available in storage capacities of 500 gigabytes (GB), 750GB or one terabyte (TB), Canvio 3.0 drives feature simple plug-and-play operation, pre-loaded backup software, and backward compatibility with personal computers and other devices equipped with USB 2.0 ports.
"Power digital consumers, and even typical PC users, are storing high definition video content, high resolution digital images, and multi-gigabyte music collections. When you consider that a single HD video can easily be three times the size of the same video in standard definition, it's easy to see why file transfer speeds are just as important as storage capacity," said Manuel Camarena, product manager for consumer storage at Toshiba Storage Device Division. "With the integration of the USB 3.0 interface, Canvio 3.0 drives significantly improve file transfer performance for large media files and dramatically minimize the wait time for backup and recovery processes.
Building on the success of its current Canvio Portable Hard Drive product family, Canvio 3.0 drives feature the same easy-to-use features users have come to expect from Toshiba portable hard drives. Windows-based NTI BackupNow EZ software provides step-by-step and fully-customizable backup capabilities, including the option to backup specific folders, certain file types, and conduct a system backup. The software can also restore the entire system if Windows is unable to start. In addition, complete password-protection with up to 256-bit data encryption prevents unauthorized access to data and a special Drive Space Alert monitor sends an onscreen update when storage space is running low. On the inside, an Internal Shock Sensor and Ramp Loading Technology keep data safe during day-to-day movement from a desk, pocket, bag, or beyond.
The stylish Canvio 3.0 product line also continues Toshiba's high quality industrial design, including its pocket-sized, rounded rectangular form factor with rubberized edges and high gloss black finish with red, green, blue, white, or silver graphical accents. The focus on design extends even to Toshiba's environmental efforts. The Canvio 3.0 product maintains the same dimensions as previous Canvio products which are 25 percent smaller, reduce the quantity of materials used in production, and feature product packaging using 100 percent recyclable materials.
Toshiba's Canvio 3.0 Portable Hard Drives and the complete lineup of Canvio Portable Hard Drives may be found at major retailers within North America and online outlets.
$119.99 for the 500GB Canvio 3.0
$129.99 for the 750GB Canvio 3.0
$179.99 for the 1TB Canvio 3.0
Latest News Posts
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM