Epson Enters New Home Theater Projector Category with Models Featuring World's First 3LCD Reflective Technology and Contrast Ratios up to 1,000,000:1
PowerLite Pro Cinema 61000 and 31000 and Home Cinema 21000 Offer Custom Installers and AV Aficionados Exceptional Image Quality and Performance
ATLANTA (CEDIA Expo 2010, Booth 2406) - Sept. 23, 2010 - Epson America today announced its entry into a new home theater projector market with three 1080p 3LCD Reflective home theater projectors, the PowerLite® Pro Cinema 61000 and 31000, and Home Cinema 21000. Designed for custom installers and home theater aficionados, these projectors feature the world's first 3LCD Reflective technology, along with Epson's UltraBlack technology for exceptional picture quality and astounding contrast ratios. The Home Cinema 21000 and Pro Cinema 31000 achieve a 500,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio while the Pro Cinema 61000 produces the world's first mega contrast ratio of up to 1,000,000:1[i].
With Epson's newly developed 3LCD Reflective technology, along with fully optimized high contrast ratios, these projectors deliver the deepest blacks and brightest whites. As the number-one selling projector brand worldwide[ii], Epson created 3LCD Reflective technology based on its established transmissive HTPS technology to deliver advanced video quality with higher contrast ratios, richer colors, smoother gradation, and enhanced black levels. In addition, each model features a dual-layer auto iris, built-in IDT HQV Vida Video Processor and PW390 video scaler, and Epson's Super-resolution and FineFrame technologies to deliver state-of-the-art performance and image quality in each of their respective categories. This new series of home theater projectors also delivers a smaller footprint[iii] and center lens design, as well as powered zoom, focus and lens memory to ensure a range of installation options and flexibility.
"We are very excited to debut our new home theater projector line-up to the custom installation channel," said Marge Ang, senior product manager, Epson America. "These powerful, feature-packed projectors demonstrate Epson's commitment to provide dealers with top-of-the-line products that allow them to design customized home entertainment systems for their customers."
Epson's flagship Pro Cinema 61000 offers a new ultra-fast, dual-layered auto-iris to control light reduction rates to reach up to 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio. It also includes a host of value-added features, including ISF calibration, color isolation, new color modes and new networking features for installers to access an easy remote management system to minimize down time for consumers. Encased in an elegant black design with a copper lens ring and priced in the sub-$7,000 category, the Pro Cinema 61000 is designed for AV elitists looking for top-of-the-line home entertainment quality and performance.
The Pro Cinema 31000 and Home Cinema 21000 round out Epson's mid-level offerings in the sub-$4,500 and sub-$3,300 categories, respectively. Available in black with a silver lens ring, the Pro Cinema 31000 offers 500,000:1 contrast ratio as well as the professional-level ISF Certification color tools featured in the Pro Cinema 61000. The Home Cinema 21000 is cased in a white design and delivers outstanding image quality for a reasonable price for home theater enthusiasts who don't require the professional-level color tools and installation management features.
More About Epson's New 3LCD Reflective Home Theater Projector Line-up
The projectors share a range of high-quality, premium and powerful new features designed to enhance performance, image quality and total cost of ownership, including:
- Native 1080p (1920x1080) resolution with newly developed 3LCD Reflective technology
- Includes two anamorphic lens (squeeze and wide) modes to enable 2.35:1 viewing without external processor; lens position memory for 2.40:1 Cinemascope screen
- Delivers outstanding video image quality with Fujinon OptiCinema Multi-Lens Optics System (2.1 zoom ratio); projects clean, precise edges with consistent image quality across the entire screen
- Cinema Filter feature delivers larger color space for improved color fidelity
- Features two HDMI 1.4 inputs with Deep Color support, HDMI CEC for control of connected devicesEpson's exclusive 200W E-TORL® (Epson Twin Optics Reflection Lamp provides optimum light uniformity and output for screen sizes larger than ten feet using less energy for up to 5,000 hours[v]
- Spare lamp, ceiling mount, and cable cover included (Pro Cinema 6100 and 31000 only)
Small footprint and center lens design, as well as powered zoom, focus and lens shift (40 percent horizontal and 90 percent vertical) ensure a range of installation
options and flexibility
- Projects brightness up to 1,200 color and white light output[iv] for the optimal visual experience
- Offers five different color modes, including Dynamic, Living Room, Natural, Cinema, x.v.Color
- ISF Calibration for customizable settings, new color modes, pre-set color space selection, and color isolation for easy color adjustment without color filter glasses (Pro Cinema 61000 and 3100 only)
Availability and Support
The Pro Cinema 61000 and 31000 and Home Cinema 21000 will be available online and through authorized Epson projector dealers in December. The Home Cinema 21000 includes a two-year limited warranty, while the Pro Cinema 31000 and 61000 include a three-year limited warranty. All three models come with Epson's industry leading service and support, including toll-free access to Epson's PrivateLine® priority technical support, 90-day limited lamp warranty, and free two-business day exchange with Extra CareSM Home Service. For more information, please see the detailed spec sheets.
About Epson America Inc.
Epson America, Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 countries around the world. To learn more about Epson America, please visit: https://www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market