DisplayLink Corp., the market share leader with more than three million USB graphics users worldwide, today provided a glimpse at its new SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) chip platform for next generation displays, docking stations and other integrated devices to be showcased next week at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco, California, in booth #948.
The new DisplayLink single-chip family, DL-3000 and DL-1000 series, includes integrated display and networking connectivity, high performance audio and HD video support, as well as third generation DisplayLink adaptive real-time compression technology that dynamically manages bandwidth, taking full advantage bi-directional throughput of SuperSpeed USB. This means multiple full HD videos, high resolution graphics and networking data can be processed simultaneously, while also substantially increasing today's HighSpeed USB (USB 2.0) graphics performance and enabling graphics delivery over gigabit Ethernet.
This new platform will enable a wide range of applications that create an interactive connection between device and display. These include:
• USB or Ethernet bus powered monitors
• Universal USB docking stations with graphics, networking, and audio
• Affordable Ethernet and USB zero clients for shared resource computing
• USB to HDMI adapters for PC to TV connectivity
• USB to DVI, VGA or DisplayPort adapters for multi-display notebooks
• Mobile device to display
• Dual-Headed USB bus powered graphics adapters
"DisplayLink technology has enabled the new category of universal docking stations, in addition to zero clients and other devices that are used by major corporations and educational institutions globally," added Dennis Crespo, executive vice president of marketing and business development at DisplayLink. "We look forward to working with our customers to develop a host of next-generation, creative devices that solve real world problems for the digital consumer."
SuperSpeed USB is capable of running up to 10 times faster than the previous generation of the technology transferring data at speeds of up to 5Gbps.
"DisplayLink is stepping to the forefront of SuperSpeed USB technology, enabling OEMs to offer state-of-the-art products that are capable of transmitting a vast amount of data very quickly," said Jeff Ravencraft, president and chairman, USB-IF. "SuperSpeed USB enables new compelling use cases, such as blazing fast graphics, HD video and 3D gaming over the same USB bus."
Features of the new DisplayLink chip platform for SuperSpeed USB include:
• Single IC support for up to two full HD displays
• High performance HD video, 3D gaming, and beyond HD graphics
• HDCP 2.0 for protected content playback
• Integrated multi-channel audio
• Networking for docking stations and zero clients
• Support for leading display standards - DisplayPort, VGA DAC, DVI, HDMI
• Backwards compatibility with 3+ million DisplayLink USB 2.0 graphics devices
• USB bus power capabilities for both USB 2.0 and 3.0
• Proven Windows driver support (XP, Vista, Windows 7, MultiPoint Server 2010, and Server 2003/2008)
"The prevalence of USB ports and the increased power of USB 3.0 make it well-suited as a display and docking station connector for both consumer and business markets, especially in today's mobile environment. Ideally, standard network interfaces should be easy to incorporate into devices and able to handle multiple interactive tasks such as audio, graphics and video across a variety of displays," said Rhoda Alexander Director of Monitor Research for iSuppli.
Products with integrated DisplayLink DL-3000 and DL-1000 technology are expected to reach the market in the first half of 2011.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:02 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de