OCZ Technology Announces Next Generation Ultra-Low and Extreme-Low Voltage DDR3 Memory Kits
New Solutions Offer Significant Power-Savings and Excellent Stability Without Sacrificing Performance on the Latest Platforms
SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 14, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCZ), a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) and memory modules for computing devices and systems, unveils new Ultra-Low Voltage (ULV) and Extreme-Low Voltage (ELV) high-speed DDR3 desktop memory, providing the optimal balance of performance and power efficiency in one solution. Committed to staying ahead of the curve, OCZ is offering enthusiast-grade memory that complies with the latest JEDEC "DDR3L" low-voltage standards which ensures that system RAM runs cooler and more efficiently during intensive multi-tasking, gaming, and productivity applications.
"We are pleased to announce a complete range of low-voltage memory offerings designed for the latest crop of energy efficient platforms," said Eugene Chang, Vice President of Product Management. "In the past, lower voltage meant lower performance, but now with our extreme-low voltage optimized memory, consumers don't have to sacrifice high performance to also achieve energy savings."
Developed for next generation platforms, OCZ Platinum ELV solutions run at only 1.35 volts and are the choice counterparts for leading-edge performance and reliability, meeting the demand for high-speed memory to function farther below the upper voltage threshold of Intel(R) Core(TM) i3, i5, and i7 processors. With an ideal combination of speed and latency, OCZ Platinum ELV 6GB and 4GB memory kits are specifically designed and qualified on a range of motherboards supporting this low voltage feature.
In addition to ELV solutions, OCZ's new Reaper HPC (Heat Pipe Conduit) and Gold ULV memory operate at 1.5 volts for power savings over the maximum recommendation of 1.65V for the latest enthusiast and mainstream Intel platforms. Furthermore, Reaper and Gold ULV kits are available in high-density 12GB and 8GB configurations, supporting the latest memory-hungry applications and games with superior performance and maximum productivity, all while helping to maintain a cooler case environment.
OCZ DDR3 ELV and ULV triple-channel and dual-channel memory kits are available in PC3-12800 (1600MHz) and PC3-10666 (1333MHz) speed ratings, are 100% hand-tested for quality assurance, and feature propriety XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) and Reaper HPC heatspreaders for more effective heat dissipation. Furthermore, each OCZ module is backed by the OCZ Lifetime Warranty and industry-leading technical support for unparalleled peace of mind.
About OCZ Technology Group, Inc.
Founded in 2002, San Jose, CA-based OCZ Technology Group, Inc. ("OCZ"), is a leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of high performance and reliable Solid State Drives (SSDs) and premium computer components. OCZ has built on its expertise in high-speed memory to become a leader in the SSD market, a technology that competes with traditional rotating magnetic hard disk drives (HDDs). SSDs are faster, more reliable, generate less heat and use significantly less power than the HDDs used in the majority of computers today. In addition to SSD technology, OCZ also offers high performance components for computing devices and systems, including enterprise-class power management products as well as leading-edge computer gaming solutions. For more information, please visit: https://www.ocztechnology.com.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit