IcyDock releases MB982IP-1S 2.5" to 3.5" SATA/SAS SSD & HDD Converter
Icy Dock has changed the game yet again with the new MB982IP-1S 2.5" to 3.5" SATA/SAS SSD & HDD Converter. The MB982 is predicated off the incredibly popular MB882SP-1S-1B device, taking its general concept and improving it tenfold. This product is designed using the dimensions, connection locations, and mounting hole positions of a standard 3.5" drive, so that it can be used in any internal hard drive bay, as well as with backplane and hot swap modules.
The new converter utilizes a full metal design, creating a better environment for cooling, as well as giving it a rock solid construction, ideal for industrial, enterprise, and military applications. Improving upon the original, the MB982 can now handle both SAS and SATA drives, including the Western Digital VelociRaptor 10K RPM drives. To allow for 12.5mm and 15mm drive heights, we have included our SmartFit Technology, which secures the drive in its place whether it is a thin 9.5mm or thick 15mm.
The MB982 also includes most of the features that you already expect from an Icy Dock product: an effortless installation process without any tools or screws, plenty of ventilation slots to keep any drive used running cool and efficient, and a unique and stylish design. The top, front and rear allow air to flow through, and a special vent on the bottom gives the user visual confirmation that the drive has made a secure connection.
* Converts your 2.5" SATA/SAS HDD or SSD to a 3.5" SATA/SAS hard drive, for 3.5" SATA/SAS drive bay usage.
* Full Metal and Heavy Duty with Easy Access to Drives
* Airflow Vents For Heat Dissipation With Anti-vibration Design.
* Universal Mounting Holes For Most Common PC Cases.
* Compatible With Most 3.5" HDD Backplanes and Hot Swap Devices.
* Compatible With Mac Pro.
* Screw-less Design For Quick & Easy Installation.
* Perfect For System Integrators and IT Professionals.
* Compatible with 15mm height drives.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard