IcyDock releases MB982IP-1S 2.5" to 3.5" SATA/SAS SSD & HDD Converter
Icy Dock has changed the game yet again with the new MB982IP-1S 2.5" to 3.5" SATA/SAS SSD & HDD Converter. The MB982 is predicated off the incredibly popular MB882SP-1S-1B device, taking its general concept and improving it tenfold. This product is designed using the dimensions, connection locations, and mounting hole positions of a standard 3.5" drive, so that it can be used in any internal hard drive bay, as well as with backplane and hot swap modules.
The new converter utilizes a full metal design, creating a better environment for cooling, as well as giving it a rock solid construction, ideal for industrial, enterprise, and military applications. Improving upon the original, the MB982 can now handle both SAS and SATA drives, including the Western Digital VelociRaptor 10K RPM drives. To allow for 12.5mm and 15mm drive heights, we have included our SmartFit Technology, which secures the drive in its place whether it is a thin 9.5mm or thick 15mm.
The MB982 also includes most of the features that you already expect from an Icy Dock product: an effortless installation process without any tools or screws, plenty of ventilation slots to keep any drive used running cool and efficient, and a unique and stylish design. The top, front and rear allow air to flow through, and a special vent on the bottom gives the user visual confirmation that the drive has made a secure connection.
* Converts your 2.5" SATA/SAS HDD or SSD to a 3.5" SATA/SAS hard drive, for 3.5" SATA/SAS drive bay usage.
* Full Metal and Heavy Duty with Easy Access to Drives
* Airflow Vents For Heat Dissipation With Anti-vibration Design.
* Universal Mounting Holes For Most Common PC Cases.
* Compatible With Most 3.5" HDD Backplanes and Hot Swap Devices.
* Compatible With Mac Pro.
* Screw-less Design For Quick & Easy Installation.
* Perfect For System Integrators and IT Professionals.
* Compatible with 15mm height drives.
Latest News Posts
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- Gearbox CEO addresses current Borderlands 3 rights rumors
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit