WD Introduces the 4th Generation WD Caviar Green Line of Products
Cooler, Quieter and Eco Friendlier Drive
Sydney, Australia: September 8, 2010 - WD® today introduced the 4th generation of WD Caviar® Green hard drives. The 3-platter, 667 GB/platter WD Caviar Green hard drives are available in 1.5 TB and 2 TB capacities. The new WD Caviar Green 2 TB offers lower power consumption than the 2 TB drives currently available in the market.
Highest areal density in the industry at 667 GB/platter
64 MB cache
Best in class power - lowest watts per TB in the industry
WD GreenPower Technology
Incorporates advanced/automatic power management
Advanced Format Technology - 512 Byte Emulated Device
100% Halogen Free
The WD Caviar® Green SATA hard drives reduce power consumption by up to 40% and offer best-in-class acoustics and operating temperature. Based on WD's exclusive GreenPower technology, these drives are designed to deliver power savings as the primary attribute. As hard drive capacities increase, the power required to run those drives increases as well. WD Caviar Green drives make it possible for energy-conscious customers to build systems with higher capacities and the right balance of system performance, ensured reliability, and energy conservation. They are ideal for PCs, external storage and other devices that require lower power consumption and cool, quiet operation.
Pricing and Availability
Manufacturer: Western Digital
Product Name: WD Caviar Green
AU: 20EARS AU$139, 10EARS AU$79
NZ: 20EARS NZ$119, 10EARS NZ$199
Warranty: Three-year limited warranty
Australian Distributors: Achieva Australia, Synnex Australia
New Zealand Distributors: Ingram Micro NZ, Synnex NZ, VST
WD, one of the storage industry's pioneers and long-time leaders, provides products and services for people and organizations that collect, manage and use digital information. The company designs and produces reliable, high-performance hard drives and solid state drives that keep users' data accessible and secure from loss. Its advanced technologies are configured into applications for client and enterprise computing, embedded systems, and consumer electronics, as well as its own consumer storage and media products.
WD was founded in 1970. The company's storage products are marketed to leading OEMs, systems manufacturers, selected resellers and retailers under the Western Digital® and WD brand names. Visit the Investor section of the company's Web site (www.westerndigital.com) to access a variety of financial and investor information.
Latest News Posts
- Top 10 premium games of 2018 in revenue
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media