Epson Introduces Two Projectors to Brighten the Bottom Line for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
PowerLite 1220 and 1260 Offer Easy-to-Use Features and True-to-Life Color at Affordable Price
LONG BEACH, Calif. - Aug. 23, 2010 - Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today announced two affordable, feature-packed, easy to use projectors for small and medium-sized businesses that will be sold exclusively through distribution, value-added reseller and direct market reseller channels. The Epson PowerLite® 1220 ($649*) features XGA resolution and the PowerLite 1260 ($749*) features widescreen WXGA resolution (16:10 aspect ratio) to fully utilize the capabilities of a widescreen notebook; both projectors offer 2600 lumens color and white light output2 for bright presentations and true-to-life color.
"Small and medium-sized businesses want their projectors not only to be easy-to-use and affordable, but also to deliver bright, true -to-life image quality," said Jason Meyer, product manager, Epson America. "Epson designed the PowerLite 1220 and 1260 specifically to meet SMB needs and is making them available through the distribution channel to simplify integration into business environments."
The Epson PowerLite 1200-series offers features normally found in higher end models, including USB Plug 'n Play Instant Setup, which instantly projects images and presentations from a PC or Mac® computer via a USB connection - eliminating the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys. In addition, both models have an additional USB port for direct connection of a USB memory device, enabling PC-free slideshow capabilities and eliminating the need to carry a computer. The PowerLite 1260 also features an HDMI audio/video connection to provide high-definition video content for powerful entertainment possibilities.
More about the PowerLite 1220 and 1260
The new PowerLite 1200-series offers several performance and convenience features for entrepreneurs, small businesses and mobile professionals, including:
- Positioning Flexibility: Automatic keystone correction and 1.2x optical zoom for easy setup
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off® enables presenters to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in only five seconds; A/V Mute Slide instantly turns off the sound and images to create a quick pause in the presentation, conserving lamp life and energy, and helping to save costs
- Easy Portability: Sleek, compact design and included carrying case offers easy portability and protection
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; the 3LCD light engine efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness3
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson's exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 5,000 hours4 in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 1220 and 1260 are currently available through national resellers, mail order, and distribution and are part of Epson ImageWaySM Partner Program. Epson's PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty that includes two elite technical support services - two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day. For additional information about the new PowerLite 1200-series projectors, visit https://www.epson.com.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson America, Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 countries around the world. Seiko Epson is committed to its ongoing contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix could go big at E3 2019 with FF7 Remake
- AMD 50th anniversary Radeon VII, Ryzen 7 2700X teased
- Halo TV show will deliver character-focused storytelling
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 430.39 drivers: ready for GTX 1650
- Digital Storm teases GeForce RTX 2070 Max-P gaming laptops
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- The Game Industry Conference calls for Speakers
- Fantasy Smith VR is on Steam now, come make magical weapons for the cute adventurers!
- Monster Hunter Returns to Puzzle & Dragons in Fan-Favorite Collab
- As Esports Industry Grows, Doctors Address Needs of Unique New Athletes