NAVIGON 40 series: The new freedom of choice in the mid-range
New NAVIGON 40 series suits a wide range of different users spanning from the Easy device through to the Premium model, also boasts new Active Lane Assistant Feature
Sydney, August 18, 2010 - NAVIGON AG, one of the world's leading manufacturers of navigation solutions, today announced the launch of three new mid-range navigation devices in Australia. The new models of the NAVIGON 40 series provide an unmatched freedom of choice in the mid-range, spanning the Easy, Plus, and Premium devices: "In no other NAVIGON range is there as much choice as in this segment," explains Gerhard Mayr, vice-president worldwide mobile phones & new markets at NAVIGON. "We are offering three different models in the 40 series, including a host of NAVIGON's latest navigation innovations such as the new Active Lane Assistant."
Features to suit your needs
The 40 series, with a 4.3-inch display, is positioned below the 70 model range. The new Active Lane Assistant feature is included across the range and ensures that you keep your bearings, helping to provide even more safety particularly in hectic traffic situations: it shows the driver when they should indicate their intention to change lanes in a dynamic, live accompanying animation.
In the middle of this series is the NAVIGON 40 Plus, which, in addition to convenient fittings, also has two new features. With One-Click Menu, three favourite POIs can be shown on the display simply by clicking once, anywhere. Additionally, users benefit since they will see a larger map section on their display as less important information will be removed. Users can also import their own destinations in CSV format via the Fresh software easily and organise them into individually named groups. The device also comes with a free two year subscription to NAVIGON FreshMaps with new maps every 3 months, ensuring that the device stays up to date with road changes over the long haul.
Drivers with greater demands in terms of convenience and road side assistance should opt for the Premium model. It includes all the functions of the NAVIGON Plus and a couple of significant additions. Real-time traffic updates allow routing around congestion by including traffic flow, incidents and alternate routes. It works for the lifetime of the product right out of the box without any registration processes, fees or additional hardware. The real-time traffic data is provided by SUNA TRAFFIC. The new NAVIGON 40 Premium also provides impressive 3D images of the environment with Panorama View3D and Landmark View3D. A Bluetooth Hands-Free Kit 2.0 enables you to not only make telephone calls via your navigation device, but also differentiate between private and business calls.
The NAVIGON 40 Easy is the best choice for occasional drivers, for whom simply navigating their way from A to B is the priority. They can access all the basic features to ensure reliable route planning at an attractive, value-for-money price. Tried-and tested features such as "Reality View Pro" and "Text-to-Speech" assist in fully concentrating on traffic and ensure relaxed driving and arriving. NAVIGON MyRoutes learns from the user's driving habits in order to provide an optimal route recommendation. Based on this data as well as the day of week and time of travel, it even provides the driver up to two alternative routes. All of these are clearly displayed on a map with ETA, distance and driving time giving the driver a choice.
Prices and availability
NAVIGON 40 Easy ($249), 40 Plus ($279) and 40 Premium ($349) are all available at Harvey Norman stores around Australia. All devices come with maps of Australia and New Zealand.
For further product information, please visit: https://www.navigon.com.
NAVIGON AG is one of the world's leading innovators of high-quality navigation devices standing for outstanding technology in attractive lines. Besides, the company offers GPS software solutions for well-known electronic brands as well as automotive software components for outstanding navigation systems. Founded in 1991, NAVIGON employs a total staff of more than 400 and is represented by its own offices in Asia, Europe and North America. - NAVIGON. And the world is yours.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco may be making a new horror game
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market