Corsair's AX1200 PSU Powers the Maximum PC Dream Machine 2010
- 24GB of high performance Dominator memory keeps dual Xeon X5680 CPUs humming -
Fremont, California - August 10, 2010 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced that the Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 PSU has been selected by Maximum PC magazine to power their Dream Machine 2010. Maximum PC also selected Corsair Dominator® memory for this "best of the best" enthusiast computer system.
Each year, Maximum PC magazine builds the "Dream Machine", a computer that they feel represents the absolute state of the art in high performance desktop computing. It is a design that typically approaches the frontier of what can be achieved using the very best components available. This year's Dream Machine features dual Intel® Xeon® 5680 CPUs, three NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 480 video cards, and liquid cooling throughout. The performance of this computer is impressive, hitting an incredible 3DMark® Vantage CPU score of 91,806.
To meet the demands of this power-hungry computer, Maximum PC selected both the Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 PSU and 24GB of Dominator 1600MHz DDR3 memory for this system. While 2010 is the first year that a Corsair PSU was selected for the Dream Machine, it was the seventh year (out of the past eight years) that Corsair's DRAM modules were featured.
"Every year, we are impressed to see what Maximum PC is able to accomplish with their Dream PC, and which components they select as best-of-class," stated Andy Paul, President and CEO at Corsair. "This year, we are doubly honored that Maximum PC selected both a PSU and DRAM from Corsair for their ultimate system."
More details on the Dream Machine 2010 can be found in the September 2010 print edition of Maximum PC magazine, or at maximumpc.com. Details on the Professional Series Gold AX1200 PSU and on Dominator memory can be found at corsair.com.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, cooling systems and computer cases.
Copyright© 2010 Corsair. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ