Corsair's AX1200 PSU Powers the Maximum PC Dream Machine 2010
- 24GB of high performance Dominator memory keeps dual Xeon X5680 CPUs humming -
Fremont, California - August 10, 2010 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced that the Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 PSU has been selected by Maximum PC magazine to power their Dream Machine 2010. Maximum PC also selected Corsair Dominator® memory for this "best of the best" enthusiast computer system.
Each year, Maximum PC magazine builds the "Dream Machine", a computer that they feel represents the absolute state of the art in high performance desktop computing. It is a design that typically approaches the frontier of what can be achieved using the very best components available. This year's Dream Machine features dual Intel® Xeon® 5680 CPUs, three NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 480 video cards, and liquid cooling throughout. The performance of this computer is impressive, hitting an incredible 3DMark® Vantage CPU score of 91,806.
To meet the demands of this power-hungry computer, Maximum PC selected both the Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 PSU and 24GB of Dominator 1600MHz DDR3 memory for this system. While 2010 is the first year that a Corsair PSU was selected for the Dream Machine, it was the seventh year (out of the past eight years) that Corsair's DRAM modules were featured.
"Every year, we are impressed to see what Maximum PC is able to accomplish with their Dream PC, and which components they select as best-of-class," stated Andy Paul, President and CEO at Corsair. "This year, we are doubly honored that Maximum PC selected both a PSU and DRAM from Corsair for their ultimate system."
More details on the Dream Machine 2010 can be found in the September 2010 print edition of Maximum PC magazine, or at maximumpc.com. Details on the Professional Series Gold AX1200 PSU and on Dominator memory can be found at corsair.com.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, cooling systems and computer cases.
Copyright© 2010 Corsair. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series