Fujitsu First to Market with Full Line-up of LED Displays
Entire monitor range refreshed with sleek, power-saving LED displays
Munich, July 27, 2010 -
Fujitsu is the first to market with a full range of slimline, power-saving monitors that feature the newest LED display technology. Providing unbeaten dynamic contrast for flat-screen monitors, Fujitsu is introducing a choice of LED displays ranging from the economy 19-inch to the wide-screen 27-inch model. 
Offering an improved viewing experience for everything from a spreadsheet through to an action-packed movie on Blu-ray, the new SL and L line LED displays from Fujitsu are easy on the eye as they deliver deeper contrasts and richer, more realistic colors.
Making the switch from CCFL (cold cathode fluorescent lamps) to LED (light-emitting diode) backlighting for flat-screen displays is also easy on the environment. LED backlighting consumes less power, providing energy consumption savings of up to 46 percent , and allows the complete phase out of the hazardous substance mercury from the manufacturing process . The thinner displays allow raw material use during manufacturing to be cut by around 25 percent, and they are lighter and smaller to transport.
Two full lines of LED displays
At launch, Fujitsu is introducing two lines of ultra-high contrast LED displays, while LED lighting for a wider range of displays is in the works. SL Line models feature dual HDMI connectors for optimal digital high-definition display brilliance, and a power-saving ECO mode. The L Line features built-in speakers and an on-screen display (OSD) menu in 16 languages, while the premium SL Line adds digital 5.1 HDMI audio output for surround sound systems and a wider range of options to fine-tune the display via touch-sensitive OSD controls.
"LED backlighting provides a rich viewing experience and has the lightest environmental footprint," says Rajat Kakar, Vice President Workplace Systems at Fujitsu Technology Solutions. "Even under the harshest lighting conditions, the LED displays provide high contrast and brilliant colors."
Fujitsu is the first vendor to introduce LED backlighting technology across a full range of displays, from the 19- and 20-inch entry-level models through to the widescreen 22-inch and 27-inch units. LED monitors are available across the CEMEA&I region (Central Europe, Middle East, Africa & India) from late July. Pricing will be announced at launch and is expected to be comparable to equivalent size CCFL-lit monitors.
For further information, please see:
Fujitsu SL and L Line displays: http://ts.fujitsu.com/products/displays/index.html
Face2Fujitsu blog: http://blog.ts.fujitsu.com/face2fujitsu/?p=1821
For images and photography, please see:
Fujitsu SL Line displays:
Fujitsu L Line displays:
Fujitsu is a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 175,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009. For more information, please see: https://www.fujitsu.com .
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard