Intel Developer Forum Returns to San Francisco, Sept. 13-15
Intel CEO and President Paul Otellini Set to Keynote
SAN FRANCISCO, July 19, 2010 - Intel Corporation's largest technical conference returns to San Francisco on Sept. 13-15. In its 13th year, the Intel Developer Forum (IDF) focuses on Intel's technology and platform roadmap directions for the next year and beyond in the areas of digital enterprise, mobility, embedded and communications, software, manufacturing and research.
Intel leaders will delve into key strategies on myriad topics during all three days at Moscone Center West. CEO and President Paul Otellini will kick off opening day with a keynote addressing his views on the current "Computing Continuum" Intel is driving. Immediately following is a deep-dive based on Otellini's theme by David Perlmutter, executive vice president and general manager, Intel Architecture Group.
Focusing on the expanding Intel® Atom processor ecosystem, the Day 2 keynote will be jointly delivered by Doug Davis, vice president and general manager of Intel's Embedded and Communications Group; and Renee James, senior vice president and general manager of Intel's Software and Services Group.
The final keynote of the conference, on Sept. 15, focuses on the near and not-so-near future, and delivered by Justin Rattner, vice president and director of Intel Labs, Intel's chief technology officer and an Intel Senior Fellow.
Other highlights during IDF include the Industry Technology Showcase, home of the latest innovations demonstrated by representatives from leading technology companies. Also returning are popular Insight sessions. Intel Fellow Thomas Piazza and Opher Kahn, senior principal engineer, will discuss Intel® microarchitecture codename "Sandy Bridge" in the Technology Insight on Sept. 13. For an Industry Insight, also on Day 1, Intel Chief Information Officer Diane Bryant will be joined by a panel of peers to discuss the challenges and opportunities facing IT. Day 2 will include a Technology Insight focused on software.
All three days will feature technical session tracks. Topics include "Sandy Bridge," cloud computing, eco-technology, Intel Atom and Intel® Core processors, embedded solutions, health care IT, Intel® Solid-State Drive Technology, PCI Express, SuperSpeed USB*, Unified Extensible Firmware Interface* and visual computing. The "Intel Fellows: Live and Uncensored" sessions are where attendees can ask Intel's most senior technologists questions, no holds barred.
"You want to be there when the future happens," said Mark Erwin, IDF global events manager. "IDF is your chance to collaborate with peers, experience the latest technology and exchange ideas about the future. Each day of this forward-looking conference is packed with important technical information and insights from experts." IDF Gold Sponsors are Cisco Systems, Citrix Systems Inc., EMC Corporation, IBM, Microsoft Corporation, Rambus, Samsung, Supermicro and Wind River. Silver Sponsors are DTS Inc., Hynix Semiconductor Inc., Lenovo Group Ltd., Symantec and VMware.
Registration is available at https://www.intel.com/idf or by calling 800-569-2748 / international calls +1-203-851-7817
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world's computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at https://www.intel.com/pressroom and blogs.intel.com.
Latest News Posts
- Why Atari VCS doesn't use Ryzen APU
- Atari VCS upgraded to 8GB of unified memory
- Inland Professional SATA III moves to 2nd place at Amazon
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit