NAVIGON's innovative Motion Sensor helps focusing on the road thanks to no-touch navigation
NAVIGON sets another new standard in the operation of navigation systems, with the new Motion Sensor allowing you to navigate with almost no need to touch. This innovative function supports easier operation and safer driving and will be installed in the soon-to-be released generation of several premium-class NAVIGON systems.
Sydney, July 20, 2010 - Relax and enjoy your drive even more with the NAVIGON Motion Sensor. This new feature helps the driver to maintain a stronger focus on road and traffic conditions. There's now hardly any need to touch the device to operate the navigation system. For instance, voice control is activated by a casual stroke of the frame. And a simple wave across the display is sufficient to activate the menu bar, which otherwise stays in the background. The deactivation of the menu bar improves orientation in the map view, since the display shows an up to 15% larger map segment.
"At NAVIGON we work continuously on new developments for the optimisation of navigation solutions. The Motion Sensor is further proof of our powers in innovation," says Jörn Watzke, vice president of product line management at NAVIGON. "All key functions of the device can be casually controlled with the aid of the Motion Sensor and Voice Control." The Motion Sensor will be installed in selected devices of the next generation of NAVIGON units.
Function input with a wave of the hand
The Motion Sensor is installed in the housing of the respective devices and it only reacts when a movement of the hand is made intentionally at a distance of a couple of centimetres from the device. This ensures that no random gestures on the part of the driver inadvertently activate particular functions. When the driver's hand gets closer to the display, it opens up the menu and shows the MyBest POI settings bar. This feature enables users to organise their special destinations as they see fit. Personal favourite categories are displayed as icons on the map. This means that drivers always know at a glance where the next petrol station, parking facilities or a favourite fast-food restaurant can be found along the route.
A gentle touch of the display or housing automatically activates Voice Control to let users control the key features of the navigation by spoken commands. Voice Control is not activated if the driver uses the menu bar or selects one of the special destinations. In such cases, it is only activated when one of the key functions, for instance volume control, is selected.
NAVIGON AG is one of the world's leading innovators of high-quality navigation devices standing for outstanding technology in attractive lines. Besides, the company offers GPS software solutions for well-known electronic brands as well as automotive software components for outstanding navigation systems. Founded in 1991, NAVIGON employs a total staff of more than 400 and is represented by its own offices in Asia, Europe and North America. - NAVIGON. And the world is yours.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard