Opera releases first beta of Opera Mobile 10.1 for S60 phones, welcomes testing and feedback
Put your mobile on the map
July 15, 2010 - Oslo, Norway - Nokia smartphone owners rejoice! Opera today released the first beta of Opera Mobile 10.1 for Symbian Series 60 phones. Opera Mobile 10.1 beta features accelerated speed and geolocation capabilities. Download the beta directly to your mobile phone from m.opera.com/next.
Support for geolocation puts you and your mobile on the map, so that web services such as maps and travel applications can offer you tailored, relevant content. Your privacy is important, and you decide if and when Opera Mobile will share your location.
Beat the summer heat with these cool features:
- Opera desktop features, like Speed Dial, Opera Link, password manager, make it easier for you to surf on the go, by reducing the time and effort it takes to get to a website.
- Tabbed browsing, a virtual keyboard, kinetic scrolling and auto-rotation to landscape make browsing with Opera Mobile easier and a lot more fun.
- When the network speed makes browsing tough, turn on Opera Turbo. Use our servers to compress webpages on the fly and more than double your browsing speed.
What we say
"Opera Mobile 10.1 beta is a new upgrade, including the latest rendering technologies to boost browsing performance on Symbian Series 60 phones," said Dag Olav Norem, Vice President, Mobile Products at Opera Software. "Millions of people already use Opera Mobile on their Nokia Series 60 phones and we hope many of them will help us test this new beta."
Opera Mobile 10.1 beta is available for smartphones based on Symbian/S60, 3rd and 5th editions. The beta is free to download directly to your mobile phone from m.opera.com/next. To find out more about Opera Mobile, go to http://www.opera.com/mobile/.
We love feedback and use your comments to help us improve our products. Please join our forum to submit comments: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/forum.dml?id=74
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard to share 'some Diablo-related news at BlizzCon 2018
- Black Ops 4 weekend sales don't beat Black Ops 3
- Red Dead Redemption 2 launch trailer shows renegade thievery
- ZeniMax Online making new MMORPG
- Ninja Theory may be making live service game
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam