Opera releases first beta of Opera Mobile 10.1 for S60 phones, welcomes testing and feedback
Put your mobile on the map
July 15, 2010 - Oslo, Norway - Nokia smartphone owners rejoice! Opera today released the first beta of Opera Mobile 10.1 for Symbian Series 60 phones. Opera Mobile 10.1 beta features accelerated speed and geolocation capabilities. Download the beta directly to your mobile phone from m.opera.com/next.
Support for geolocation puts you and your mobile on the map, so that web services such as maps and travel applications can offer you tailored, relevant content. Your privacy is important, and you decide if and when Opera Mobile will share your location.
Beat the summer heat with these cool features:
- Opera desktop features, like Speed Dial, Opera Link, password manager, make it easier for you to surf on the go, by reducing the time and effort it takes to get to a website.
- Tabbed browsing, a virtual keyboard, kinetic scrolling and auto-rotation to landscape make browsing with Opera Mobile easier and a lot more fun.
- When the network speed makes browsing tough, turn on Opera Turbo. Use our servers to compress webpages on the fly and more than double your browsing speed.
What we say
"Opera Mobile 10.1 beta is a new upgrade, including the latest rendering technologies to boost browsing performance on Symbian Series 60 phones," said Dag Olav Norem, Vice President, Mobile Products at Opera Software. "Millions of people already use Opera Mobile on their Nokia Series 60 phones and we hope many of them will help us test this new beta."
Opera Mobile 10.1 beta is available for smartphones based on Symbian/S60, 3rd and 5th editions. The beta is free to download directly to your mobile phone from m.opera.com/next. To find out more about Opera Mobile, go to http://www.opera.com/mobile/.
We love feedback and use your comments to help us improve our products. Please join our forum to submit comments: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/forum.dml?id=74
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Brave Software lands deal with Dow Jones Media Group
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit