HighPoint RocketRAID 272x Series Beats LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240 in RAID 5 Write Performance by 95%
Milpitas, CA - July 2010- HighPoint Technologies is announcing the RocketRAID 272x series has defeated the LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i controller in RAID 5 performance benchmark tests. The benchmarks reveal that the RocketRAID 272x series controllers have 95% higher performance than the LSI Entry Level MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i controller.
The RocketRAID 272x Series of SAS 6Gb/s RAID controllers offers both high I/O transaction and high bandwidth processing for use with cost-effective, high-capacity SATA drives or high-performance SAS and SSD drives. The RocketRAID 272x series utilizes a hardware XOR RAID Engine and connectivity with the latest x8 PCI-Express Gen 2 and are available from 4 to 8 ports with internal, external and hybrid connectivity. LSI offers the Enter Level MegaRAID SAS 9240 series which are available in 4 and 8 port configurations with internal connectivity.
95% Higher RAID 5 Performance
The benchmarking examined the RAID 5 performance of RocketRAID 272x and the LSI MegaRAID 9240-9 8i controllers by measuring 100% streaming reads and writes in large contiguous request. Streaming reads and writes are defined as contiguous read or write requests made to the disk(s) simulating media applications such as video or audio.
The benchmarks show that the RocketRAID 272x series delivered sustained RAID 5 write performance of 1276MB/s while the LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i and LSI-2008 SAS 6Gb/s was only able to deliver 46MB/s in RAID 5 writes. The RocketRAID 272x series out performs the LSI controllers in RAID 5 writes by 95%.
The RocketRAID 272x hardware RAID XOR Engine delivers the performance needed for high demanding application environments. The LSI MegaRAID 9240-8i compromised it's RAID 5 write performance thus should never be considered for high demanding application environments.
Download the performance report at https://www.highpoint-tech.com
Latest News Posts
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series