Opera 10.60 in final version, faster and more secure than ever
What is faster than the fastest?
Today you can experience being the first on the Web in features, speed and innovation. Opera Software releases the final version of the 10.60 browser with several new features, more user security and enhanced stability and is now up to 50 percent faster than the previous version.
Join the movement
With more than 120 million active users surfing the Web on various Opera-powered devices, Opera seeks to provide the latest innovations to all web users. In Opera 10.60, the up and coming technologies forming the Web of tomorrow are already available.
Geolocation eases the work of putting you on the map by determining your position. To ensure your privacy, you have full control over when this feature is used. To showcase geolocation in action, Opera has created an interactive map to show real-time downloads of the Opera browser. Try it out here.
Opera is first to give you built-in video playback with the open WebM format that gives you optimized video right in the browser on all platforms. Other Opera features such as offline applications let you work using web-based applications, without Internet connectivity.
Go into overdrive
Combined with its unique Opera Turbo functionality, Opera puts you one step ahead on the Web. Opera Turbo compresses the data going over your connection up to a factor of two or more, for those congested connections at cafes or a mobile connection at the summerhouse.
Other features included in Opera, such as mouse gestures, make you a more efficient user when browsing the Web and cuts down time spent on navigating between different webpages. Extensive built-in search functions give you quick and powerful searches both on the Web and in large webpages.
Stay secure, use Opera
Staying secure on the Web is easier than ever with the unsurpassed AVG-supported anti-fraud systems and phishing protection introduced in Opera 10.60. Live feeds supply fresh information on the latest web threats to the users and keep them in the know about potential malware, harm or scams. In certain regions, Yandex supplies user malware protection.
Appcache: Use in-browser applications such as word processors and spreadsheets even without an Internet connection by storing the necessary files locally.
More search: Opera 10.60 includes several search engines for the user to choose for themselves. Opera has added the Bing search engine as one of the choices, in addition to the default Google search.
Search suggestions: With websites such as Wikipedia, get instant search suggestions to complement your search experience.
Improved design: New design features such as an improved Menu button and icon tabs make day-to-day use of Opera even faster and easier. With the Speed Dial, another Opera first, get to your favorite websites with just a single click of the mouse.
For more information and to download Opera please visit http://www.opera.com/browser/.
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- Resident Evil 2 remake: RE7 engine, 4K 60FPS on PS4 Pro
- Fortnite made almost $300 million in April
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit