NEW SONY VAIO PCS DOUBLE AS WORLD'S FIRST MOBILE MULTIPLE HOTSPOTS
WHAT: The VAIO Z and Y Series PCs are the world's first out-of-the box laptops that act as a personal hotspot. Select models of these series feature the exclusive new Sony embedded wireless technology called Share My Connection (SMC). With SMC you can turn your laptop into a mobile wireless access point that can connect up to five other PCs or networked devices, such as smartphones, mp3 players, and cameras. A subscription is required.
WHO: A perfect built-in network solution for business travelers, those on-the-go or anyone looking to save some money by sharing a single network connection, Share My Connection is secure and lets you extend your connectivity with coworkers, friends, and family members.
The Z model offers premium portability and serious power. A breeze to carry at about 3.0 lbs, this PC features a durable carbon fiber and aluminum casing and delivers up to seven hours of battery life for true mobile freedom. It incorporates a 13.1-inch high-resolution LED backlit widescreen display, delivering a bright picture with 100 percent color saturation. The extremely thin unit also comes with an optical drive (Blu-ray optical drive optional).
Just in time for back-to-school season, the Y Series laptops comes in five new exciting colors including purple violet, fuchsia pink, pear green, teal blue and black. With a thin 1.2-inch profile and 13.3-inch LED backlit widescreen display, the sleek Y model offers lower power consumption for improved battery life for that active student lifestyle.
WHEN: Available now for pre-sale at https://www.sony.com/SMC and at select retailers around the country for about $770 for the VAIO Y Series and $1950 for the VAIO Z Series. To find the closest Sony Style store, please visit https://www.sonystyle.com.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit