Lexar Announces Crucial Ballistix Memory Modules with Thermal Sensor
Lexar Media, a leading global provider of memory products for digital media, today announced Crucial Ballistix high-performance memory modules with thermal sensor and temperature-monitoring utility, encased in a radically redesigned and more effective heat spreader. The thermal sensor and monitoring utility allow PC enthusiasts to view memory module temperature in real time, a major benefit for overclockers and enthusiast users constantly battling against excessive system heat. Additionally, the new Crucial Ballistix modules feature a redesigned "finned" heat spreader design that reduces memory module temperature by up to 30% more than the current Crucial Ballistix design. The new Crucial Ballistix modules are initially available exclusively at popular online retailer Newegg.com.
"Ask any PC enthusiast and they'll tell you that system heat is a constant concern," said Crucial Ballistix senior product manager, Jeremy Mortenson. "Our new Crucial Ballistix memory modules offer two incredibly effective tools in memory cooling: thermal sensors for temperature monitoring, and an improved heat spreader design."
Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 Unbuffered DIMMs with thermal sensor are designed for enthusiasts, overclockers, modders, and high-end computer builders. The temperature-monitoring utility allows users to view their memory module temperature in real time, a significant benefit for enthusiasts familiar with the dangers of excessive system heat. The temperature-monitoring utility is available for download at Crucial.com at no cost to customers purchasing the Crucial Ballistix modules with thermal sensor. The monitoring utility is designed specifically for - and is compatible with - the newest Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors on the Intel chipsets.
The modules come with a radically redesigned heat spreader design to improve thermal performance along with reliability, stability, and style. Across the top of the module are 32 "fins" designed to increase surface temperature. The design has been proven in thermal testing to cool the memory module by up to 30% more than the current Ballistix heat spreader design. The memory includes an XMP Profile for easy setup and configuration, and comes in popular 4GB kits (2 x 2GB). The product part number is BL2KIT25664FN1608. All Crucial Ballistix memory modules come with a limited lifetime warranty.
Initially, Crucial Ballistix modules with thermal sensor are available exclusively at popular online retailer Newegg.com, and are expected to be available beginning in July through select partners and online at https://www.crucial.com.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ last beta goes live January 23
- Monster Hunter World devs have no plans for Nintendo Switch
- God of War confirmed release date and new story trailer
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- صيانة يونيفرسال سموحه 01112124913 - 0235682820 Univarsal
- صيانة الكتروستار سموحه 01112124913 - 0235682820 Electrostar
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top