Corsair Launches 1200W, 850W and 750W Professional Series Gold PSUs with 80 PLUS GOLD certification
- New super-high efficiency, fully-modular PSUs incorporate server grade technology, and set a new standard for high-end PSUs -
Taipei, Taiwan - June 1, 2010 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the new Professional Series Gold AX1200, AX850 and AX750 fully-modular power supply units, with 80 PLUS® GOLD certification.
The Professional Series Gold range of power supplies have been designed from the ground-up by Corsair's engineers to be the highest-performing and most technologically-advanced PSUs on the market. Built utilizing server-grade power train architectures designed for mission-critical levels of voltage stability and reliability, Professional Series Gold power supplies deliver previously unheard-of levels of performance.
"As shown by numerous reviews and accolades, Corsair has consistently been in the forefront of the industry in producing some of the very best PSUs for enthusiasts and gamers. With Corsair Professional Series Gold power supplies, we have raised the performance bar even higher," said Jim Carlton, VP of Marketing for Corsair. "By taking a no-compromises attitude to engineering and product development and incorporating server-grade technology, we believe we have created some of the most solid and efficient high-wattage power supplies currently on the market."
Corsair Professional Series Gold power supplies exceed the requirements for 80 Plus Gold certification, delivering over 90% efficiency at 50% load when using a 115V AC input. This increases to over 92% efficiency when used with the 230V AC voltage input specification in Europe. Combined with an advanced cooling design, Corsair Professional Series Gold PSUs are exceptionally quiet and efficient.
To achieve these benchmark levels of efficiency, voltage stability, and reliability, Corsair incorporated numerous sophisticated server-level technologies. These include Zero Voltage Switching and Zero Current Switching technology to eliminate switching losses and reduce EMI, and individual DC-to-DC voltage regulation for the 3.3V, 5V and 12V rails. The use of secondary-side synchronous rectification and an advanced 4-layer PCB results in unusually low levels of ripple and noise.
The Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200, AX850 and AX750 PSUs feature a fully-modular low-profile cable set. This allows the system builder to use only those cables that are needed, reducing cable clutter and maximizing airflow through the PC. All Professional Series Gold power supplies are able to continuously sustain their full rated output at an ambient temperature of up to 50°C, which means that they continue to provide outstanding performance even at elevated temperatures.
Corsair Professional Series Gold power supplies are provided with a seven year limited warranty, and are backed up by Corsair's legendary customer service and technical support.
Images of the Corsair Professional Series Gold power supplies can be downloaded here.
For more information on Corsair Professional Series Gold PSUs, please visit the Power Supplies section of our web site.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, cooling systems and computer cases.
Latest News Posts
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- Minecraft boss becomes Xbox boss, replacing Phil Spencer
- Ubisoft says that the PC is the 'superior' gaming platform
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series