QLogic to Optimize InfiniBand Performance on NVIDIA Tesla GPUs Using NVIDIA GPUDirect
GPU-Equipped Clusters From NVIDIA, Coupled With QLogic TrueScale InfiniBand Fabric, Achieve New Levels of Computational and Message Passing Performance
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., May 31, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- QLogic Corp.
(Nasdaq:QLGC) today announced that it is working closely with NVIDIA to optimize performance of NVIDIA Tesla GPUs in multi-node configurations interconnected with QLogic(R) TrueScale(TM) InfiniBand(R) fabrics. By tapping into the new NVIDIA GPUDirect(TM) technology, QLogic InfiniBand adapters, switches and directors communicate directly with NVIDIA GPUs with reduced CPU involvement, reducing communication overhead for optimal results.
"HPC environments increasingly deploy multiple nodes with NVIDIA GPUs to speed up processing for computationally-intensive applications such as seismic processing and molecular dynamics modeling," said Andy Keane, general manager, Tesla business at NVIDIA. "QLogic's TrueScale InfiniBand architecture, optimized with our GPUDirect technology, natively supports this distributed computing environment with fully optimized NVIDIA-based GPU performance and industry-leading message passing performance."
QLogic's TrueScale InfiniBand architecture requires no application re-compilation or software patches to deliver computational performance with NVIDIA GPUs, and still maintain the industry-leading scalable latency and high message rate for which QLogic InfiniBand solutions are known.
"Our work with NVIDIA is another demonstration of how QLogic TrueScale InfiniBand goes beyond basic OpenFabrics implementations to fully optimize the performance of key cluster technologies," said Jesse Parker, vice president and general manager, Network Solutions Group, QLogic. "Our software development groups continually strive to anticipate and meet the needs of HPC users who are implementing the latest technologies to maximize application performance, and our support of NVIDIA and its innovative GPUDirect technology is a great example of how those efforts benefit customers."
InfiniBand Networks Powered by QLogic
QLogic offers a comprehensive, end-to-end portfolio of InfiniBand networking products for HPC, including QDR host channel adapters, QDR multi-protocol director and edge switches and intuitive tools to install, operate, and maintain high-performance fabrics. Delivering the industry's highest message rate, lowest MPI latency and highest effective bandwidth, QLogic InfiniBand adapters enable MPI and TCP applications to scale to thousands of nodes with industry-leading price-performance. As the most comprehensive and flexible HPC cluster interconnect fabric solutions on the market, QLogic QDR InfiniBand switches incorporate the industry's only management tools that enable an administrator to install and boot an InfiniBand fabric in minutes, helping to accommodate the growing demand for high performance computational clusters and grids.
Follow QLogic @ twitter.com/qlogic
QLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC) is a global leader and technology innovator in high performance networking, including adapters, switches and ASICs.
Leading OEMs and channel partners worldwide rely on QLogic products for their data, storage and server networking solutions. QLogic is a NASDAQ Global Select company and is included in the S&P 500. For more information, visit https://www.qlogic.com.
Latest News Posts
- Unreal is free for 2 days to celebrate its 20th anniversary
- Epic: $3 million charity prize pool for Fortnite at E3 2018
- Epic invests $100 million into eSports scene for Fortnite
- NZXT announces Battle Royale H700i 'Ninja Edition' case
- PUBG performance improvements, limb penetration coming soon
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit