ICY BOX IB-RD4320StU3 External RAID enclosure with USB 3.0. The first?
RaidSonic was fast, once again. After all the point of USB 3.0 is speed. First we brought a couple of one-bay HDD enclosures and a docking station with the connecting standard of the future, USB 3.0. Now here is the first external enclosure for two 3.5" SATA HDDs with RAID and USB 3.0. RAID functions are RAID 1, 0 and JBOD.
Those who are used to protecting their data with RAID now can benefit from the speed of USB 3.0. And some of those who so far shied away from data protection will certainly join after losing the speed case.
The ICY BOX IB-RD4320StU3 comes with a lot of good features. Status of the HDDs is displayed by LEDs on the front. The ICY BOX has an on/off switch and a very convenient RAID function setting. The solid aluminium body keeps cool and disburdens the fan which is very silent anyway.
The recommended retail price of Euro 81.00 is a competitive offer also against enclosures with USB 2.0 and eSATA. As USB 3.0 is downwards compatible and the future standard anyway, is it a real alternative to eSATA.
Aluminium enclosure for two 3.5" SATA HDDs
Supported RAID functions: JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1
Transfer rates: USB 3.0 up to 5 Gbit/s
Downwardly compatible with USB 2.0/1.1
HDD capacity unlimited
Supports: Windows XP/Vista/7
External power supply (100-240 V)
USB 3.0 cable included
Fan 40x40 mm
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit