Romanian Overclocker "matose" Pushes Corsair Dominator┬« GTX1 DDR3 Memory Modules to Extreme Speeds
Romanian overclocker Matei Mihatoiu, aka "matose" of the Lab501 overclocking and review website has reached some incredible memory frequencies using the Corsair Dominator GTX1 DDR3 memory. In his initial testing using only air cooling on the CPU and memory controller, matose was able to achieve benchmark stability at an impressive 2666MHz, which he validated at the CPU-Z website. This is far above the normal rated speed for these modules of 2400MHz.
Apparently, 2666MHz was not fast enough for matose. Not satisfied with mere air cooling, matose then escalated his efforts for speed and used dry ice, or DICE, in his cooling effort to take his CPU and memory controller temperatures far below the freezing point. The result was an astounding benchmark stable and CPU-Z validated 2906MHz.
Note the frozen condensation evident on the modules in the picture below, taken at the end of the testing session.
The fact that matose has achieved benchmark stability at these speeds is remarkable. These are not merely high speed screenshots or "suicide runs". The system is still completely stable while running the memory modules at these impressive frequencies which allowed matose to complete some outstanding benchmark runs. You can follow his exploits at the Xtreme Systems forums.
Corsair would like to congratulate matose and the Lab501 efforts in pushing the extreme boundaries of memory frequency. We are anticipating even better results as they implement more extreme cooling methods to push their Corsair Dominator GTX DDR3 memory modules to even higher frequencies.
Latest News Posts
- G.SKILL launches Trident Z Royal Series DDR4: ALL GOLD, BABY
- Anthem delayed for PS5 rumor gets smashed by lead producer
- BLACK FRIDAY: Windows 10 for $11.89 & Office 2019 for $52.02
- Valve kills Steam Link hardware production
- Kingdom Hearts III is finished
- X79 Extreme11 NVMe - PLEASE HELP
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis ┬ľ MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6