Fujitsu's PRIMERGY CX1000 Sets Ground-Breaking SPECpower Benchmark in 2-Socket Xeon 5500 series server class
First benchmarks validate PRIMERGY CX1000's revoluMunich, April 07, 2010 -
Fujitsu today announced the first independent server performance benchmark for its PRIMERGY CX1000 Cloud extension server. Validating its revolutionary, power-efficient system design, the PRIMERGY CX1000 has achieved a new best-in-class record for the SPECpower ssj2008 benchmark, which measures power efficiency, one of the key operating cost drivers in datacenter economics.
The recently-launched PRIMERGY CX1000 is designed by Fujitsu for large scale-out datacenters and Cloud environments, and is focused on driving down cost without affecting performance. Independent confirmation of its eco-efficient architecture is provided by the best-in-class SPECpower ssj2008 benchmark result of 2,320 overall ssj_ops/watt.
The Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC) developed the SPECpower ssj2008 benchmark to independently evaluate the power and performance characteristics of volume server-class computers.
The new best-in-class result for two-socket servers was achieved by a Fujitsu PRIMERGY CX1000 Cloud eXtension unit running 38 PRIMERGY CX120 S1 skinless server nodes, powered by Intel Xeon 5500 series processors.
Notes to editors:
Competitive benchmark results stated above reflect results published on http://www.spec.org as of March 25, 2010. SPEC® and SPECpower® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC). For the latest SPECpower ssj2008 results, visit http://www.spec.org.
Detailed information about the PRIMERGY CX1000 benchmark result is available at:
Fujitsu is a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 175,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009. For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com
Latest News Posts
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- Minecraft boss becomes Xbox boss, replacing Phil Spencer
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series