Fujitsu's PRIMERGY CX1000 Sets Ground-Breaking SPECpower Benchmark in 2-Socket Xeon 5500 series server class
First benchmarks validate PRIMERGY CX1000's revoluMunich, April 07, 2010 -
Fujitsu today announced the first independent server performance benchmark for its PRIMERGY CX1000 Cloud extension server. Validating its revolutionary, power-efficient system design, the PRIMERGY CX1000 has achieved a new best-in-class record for the SPECpower ssj2008 benchmark, which measures power efficiency, one of the key operating cost drivers in datacenter economics.
The recently-launched PRIMERGY CX1000 is designed by Fujitsu for large scale-out datacenters and Cloud environments, and is focused on driving down cost without affecting performance. Independent confirmation of its eco-efficient architecture is provided by the best-in-class SPECpower ssj2008 benchmark result of 2,320 overall ssj_ops/watt.
The Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC) developed the SPECpower ssj2008 benchmark to independently evaluate the power and performance characteristics of volume server-class computers.
The new best-in-class result for two-socket servers was achieved by a Fujitsu PRIMERGY CX1000 Cloud eXtension unit running 38 PRIMERGY CX120 S1 skinless server nodes, powered by Intel Xeon 5500 series processors.
Notes to editors:
Competitive benchmark results stated above reflect results published on http://www.spec.org as of March 25, 2010. SPEC® and SPECpower® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC). For the latest SPECpower ssj2008 results, visit http://www.spec.org.
Detailed information about the PRIMERGY CX1000 benchmark result is available at:
Fujitsu is a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 175,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009. For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz