Inno3D Rolls Out its GeForce GTX 480 / GTX 470 Graphics Cards
Inno3D is excited to announce the grand unveiling of the Inno3D GeForce GTX 480 and GTX 470. The GTX 480 boasts an amazing 480 shader processors, a 384-bit interface to 1.5GB of onboard GDDR5 RAM, and clock speeds of 700MHz, 1,401MHz, and 1,848MHz for the core, shaders and memory, respectively - the GTX 470 has 448 SPs and with a 320-bit memory interface. GTX480/470 was redesigned from the ground up to deliver the best performance on DX11 - adding dedicated engines in the GPU to accelerate key features like tessellation.
Game performance and image quality has received a tremendous boost, enabling film-like geometric realism for game characters and objects. Geometric realism is central to the GTX480/470 architectural enhancements for graphics. In addition, PhysX simulations are much faster, and developers can utilize GPU computing features in games most effectively.
Ultrafast 8x AA and Texturing (Antialiasing Performance - Hawx)
In the previous generation, performance drop in 8xMSAA modes varied significantly depending on the title; Tom Clancy's HAWX is one example of a game that showed low efficiency in 8xMSAA. In GF100 the 8xAA performance is much improved. In 4xAA mode, GF100 is 1.6× faster than GT200. Comparing in 8xAA mode, GF100 is 2.3× faster than GT200, and only 9% slower than the GF100 4xAA mode. GF100 also features a new 32x Coverage Sampling Antialiasing (CSAA) mode designed to provide the highest image quality and improve the level of perceived geometric realism in current games using alpha-to-coverage.
Texturing Performance Relative to GT200 (Application State Buckets)
The texture units support jittered sampling through DirectX 11's four-offset Gather4 feature, allowing four texels to be fetched from a 64 × 64 pixel grid with a single texture instruction. GF100 implements DirectX 11 four-offset Gather4 in hardware, greatly accelerating shadow mapping, ambient occlusion, and post processing algorithms. With jittered sampling, games can implement smoother soft shadows or custom texture filters efficiently.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (Site www.BizFests.com) 128GB $2,740
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $2,740
- 2 New Half-Life 2 Developers videos
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit