MSI North America Announces Availability of the 2010 iF Product Design Award Winning Wind U160
Stylish new netbook features Pine Trail Platform, 15-Hour Battery Life, and Windows 7
CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA - March 08, 2010 - MSI Computer, a leading manufacturer of computer hardware products and solutions, is proud to announce the availability of the 2010 iF Product Design Award Winning Wind U160. The U160, MSI's second netbook to feature the new Pine Trail platform, is powered by the Intel® Atom N450 Processor. The incredibly efficient and Energy Star compliant U160 boosts a 15 hour battery life when running in MSI's exclusive ECO mode. This allows users to get through a full day of work or school without having to bring their adapter.
Abandoning the traditional clamshell form, the Wind U160 ushers in a new era of netbook design. From the illuminated MSI logo on the netbook's outer surface to the power button placed on the U160's cylindrical hinge, the newest Wind model sports a slim new footprint. Just 0.98 inches at its widest point, the U160 is the thinnest Wind model to date.
The units' raised chiclet keyboard and seamless wide touchpad increase both accuracy and comfort while typing. The U160 is available in a fashionable sparkling gold or a more formal black, and its Color Film Print finish gives it a sleek stylish new look.
The newest edition to the Wind family will also ships with 10-inch backlit LED display, 1 GB of DDR2 memory, a 160GB hard drive, a 6-cell battery, Bluetooth connectivity and Microsoft's Windows 7 Starter. MSI also included its user friendly EasyFace facial recognition security software to help U160 users protect their information.
The MSI Wind U160 costs just $379.99 and is available now at Fry's (Fry's product number L1600) and online at Newegg and Buy.com.
FULL SPECS BELOW
About MSI Notebook
Based in City of Industry California, MSI Notebook manufactures and sells a wide array of mobile computing products that includes Gaming Notebooks, the X-Slim line of ultraportables, the Classic Series Notebooks and MSI's award winning line of Wind Netbooks. Each product line is designed with the latest technology to meet a specific set of needs for the various classifications of mobile users. To learn more about MSI Notebook's complete offering please visit https://www.msimobile.com.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard