Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of DataTraveler 310, the first 256GB USB Flash drive in the United States. The DataTraveler 310 replaces the 256GB DataTraveler 300, released in July 2009 to the Asia/Pacific and Europe, Middle East and Africa regions.
"We saw an opportunity to push the capacity envelope for USB Flash drives in the marketplace. Customer feedback and our research determined that this is a great solution for designers, engineers and architects who have a need to easily store and transport large data files," said Andrew Ewing, USB business manager, Kingston. "For the enthusiast who wants easy access to their full media library, the DataTraveler 310 can store up to 365 CDs, 54 DVDs or 51,000 images*. This device makes an entire collection of data easily portable."
The DataTraveler 310 features Password Traveler software, which allows the user to create and access a password-protected privacy zone. The secure area of the drive can account for up to 90 percent of the drive's capacity and does not require administrator rights.
The DataTraveler 310 has a protective cap that snaps onto the back for the drive for convenient storage when not in use. This drive is available only in 256GB and is backed by a five-year warranty and 24/7 tech support.
DataTraveler 310 Product Features and Specifications:
• Capacity**: 256 GB
• Fast***: data transfer rates of 25MB/sec. read and 12MB/sec. write
• Safeguarded: includes Password Traveler
• Convenient: does not require Administrator rights to access the Privacy Zone
• Dimensions: 2.90" x 0.87" x 0.63" (73.70mm x 22.20mm x 16.10mm)
• Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140° F (0°C to 60° C)
• Storage Temperature: -4°C to 185°F (-20°C to 85° C)
• Simple: just plug into a USB port
• Practical: loop supports most key rings
• Guaranteed: five-year warranty
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:01 pm CDT