AMD Delivers Performance, Stability, and Expanded Feature Set with New ATI CatalystÂ™ Driver Updates
ATI CatalystÂ™ 10.2 and 10.3 graphics driver updates provide new features and functionality for 3D gaming, notebook computers, and ATI Eyefinity technology
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -2/17/2010
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced several new ATI CatalystÂ™ graphics driver features designed to enable higher performance, industry-leading stability and an even more intuitive computing experience for ATI RadeonÂ™ graphics customers. Two ATI CatalystÂ™ driver updates unlock the new features, the first coming today in ATI CatalystÂ™ update, version 10.2, and the second scheduled for release in March. The releases represent AMD's ongoing commitment to providing regular driver updates focusing on stability, performance and innovation for users of ATI RadeonÂ™ graphics processors.
"As the first and, to date, only company to provide DirectXÂ® 11 technology and ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology, AMD continues to demonstrate our commitment to innovation in graphics," said Ben Bar-Haim, corporate vice-president, Software, AMD. "Our monthly ATI CatalystÂ™ driver updates further illustrate that commitment as we focus on continually enabling greater performance, even more rock solid stability, and intuitive, innovative features."
"The visual experience delivered by today's personal computers is made possible as much by the driver software layer as it is by the tremendous feature set and performance of the latest graphics cards", said Jon Peddie, founder, Jon Peddie Research. "The AMD Graphics Division has internalized this and has created a centre of excellence around driver updates, bringing customers monthly improvements and features in addition to added stability and performance."
Key features of ATI Catalyst graphics drivers, version 10.2:
- Better game performance, sooner: Game profiles help optimize performance so that gamers get an amazing experience. AMD is focusing its efforts to provide access to game profiles when a new game launches - often on the day of launch - and AMD plans to post a separate executable file on AMD.com that users can install to get access to the latest application profiles for improved performance.
- More powerful panoramic gaming with ATI CrossFireXÂ™ technology: Fans of ATI CrossFireXÂ™ multi-GPU technology can now take advantage of the additional graphics horsepower to help increase game performance or image quality settings when using ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology.1
Key features of ATI Catalyst graphics drivers, version 10.3, scheduled for release in March, 2010:
- Monthly updates for the mobile crowd: Starting in March, AMD plans to issue stability, performance and feature enhancements in monthly ATI CatalystÂ™ driver updates for WindowsÂ® 7 and Windows VistaÂ™-based notebooks that feature ATI Mobility RadeonÂ™ HD 2000, HD 3000, HD 4000 and HD 5000 series premium graphics processors. AMD is working closely with most major notebook manufacturers to ensure broad support for this initiative.
- ATI Eyefinity technology, made better: To further enhance the immersive visual experience of ATI Eyefinity technology, users will now have access to an easy-to-use wizard that will allow them to adjust their display layout to compensate for monitor bezels. In addition, users will be able to adjust the brightness, color and contrast for each individual monitor for greater customization and calibration of each screen in their ATI Eyefinity set-up.1
- Enabling the 3D ecosystem: AMD is enabling third-party middleware vendors to bring more 3D stereoscopic gaming options to consumers by allowing for independent left and right images at 120 Hz.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam