HighPoint Announces Industry's 1st PCI-Express 2.0 x4 Native SATA 6Gb/s RAID Host Adapter
Milpitas, CA - Feb 10 2010, HighPoint Technologies is announcing the RocketRAID 640 series- the industry's fastest SATA 6Gb/s RAID host adapters powered by PCI-Express 2.0 x4 bus speeds. The industry's first 4 port native SATA 6Gb/s RAID host adapters allow users to upgrade to the fastest SATA hard drives and scale to higher storage capacities.
RocketRAID 640 Series Features
The RocketRAID 640 series is the newest edition to the RocketRAID SATA 6Gb/s host adapter portfolio. This series offers 4 independent SATA 6Gb/s ports for internal or external storage connectivity. A PCI-Express 2.0 x4 bus technology and is also backward compatible with PCI-Express 1.0 for legacy systems. HighPoint hardware assisted RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD offers a balance of storage performance or protection.
Software support includes complete OS drivers and a user friendly RAID management and monitoring tool for popular OSes including Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD.
Turbo Charging Your System with SATA 6Gb/s
The RocketRAID 640 series delivers up to 600MB/s of throughput per SATA port boosting storage performance for legacy systems. Current systems can also maximize PCI-Express 2.0 x4 bandwidth to 2GB/s of throughput. Being backward compatible to all generations of SATA hard drives (3.0, 2.0 and 1.5) ensures that systems can smoothly transition to SATA 6Gb and fully utilize their existing cables and connectors.
Performance Companion for Speedy Devices
The highest performing SATA and SSD hard drives have performance bottlenecks due to older generation host adapters and bus technologies. The RocketRAID 640 series offers dedicated bandwidth and point-to-point connectivity making it the performance companion for speedy devices such as SATA 6Gb/s and SSD hard drives. A PCI-Express 2.0 x4 bus also provides the bandwidth needed to break through the performance barrier.
Growing Your Storage As You Need !
Four SATA 6Gb/s ports and support for port multiplier devices allows user to grow their storage capacities as needed. PM devices provide the most economical way to scale storage capacities. With the HighPoint RAID management utility, users can scale their storage capacities with OCE (Online Capacity Expansion) without losing their existing data investment to 20 SATA devices or up to 40TB of disk space.
Where to Buy
The RocketRAID 64x Series are available exclusively through channel distribution partners (Bell Micro, D and H, Malabs, and ASI). MSRP for RocketRAID 640 is $196.90 and for the RocketRAID 644 is $240.90
Latest News Posts
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard