SteelSeries iron.lady Tournament Kicks Off With New Category, Prizes and Places To Watch
- Leading Global Women's Electronic Sports Competition Crowns the Best Warcraft III Player
CHICAGO, Jan. 26, 2010 - For the third consecutive year, SteelSeries, the leading manufacturer of gaming peripherals and accessories, announced sponsorship of the SteelSeries iron.lady III Tournament. As a cornerstone event in female competitive gaming tournaments, SteelSeries is bringing together the top female Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos gamers from throughout Asia, and new to this year, the top international female DotA players.
Founded in 2007, the SteelSeries iron.lady Tournament reaches an enormous viewer base of approximately 3.7 million people in China alone and maintains its tradition in the ultimate invitational battle against eight of the best female Warcraft III players who will compete for a grand prize of 10,000RMB. New to the tournament this year, SteelSeries has also invited the best international players to compete in the custom Warcraft III scenario, DotA, also known as Defense of the Ancients, who will also compete for a 10,000RMB grand prize.
"The iron.lady Tournament represents and signifies the strength and determination that female gamers have in competing over three days as well as the skill to compete on a professional level," said Bruce Hawver, SteelSeries CEO. "We value the incredible international following that the iron.lady Tournament has achieved and we are excited to kick it off with an added tournament segment that will bring new players to the circuit. We're proud to provide all of these gamers with SteelSeries gear - these ladies know that winning is everything."
Every gamer to compete in the iron.lady III Tournament will be prized with a SteelSeries iron.lady product bundle that includes: SteelSeries 7G Keyboard, SteelSeries iron.lady Ikari Laser Mouse, SteelSeries iron.lady QcK Mousepad, and a SteelSeries iron.lady Siberia Full-Size Headset.
The SteelSeries iron.lady III Tournament will take place in Shanghai, China and broadcast live on NEOTV from January 29 - 31, 2010 starting at 6:30 p.m. China Standard Time (CST). This year, fans of Warcraft III and the iron.lady girls that live in the U.S. will have the opportunity to view the tournament in real time and participate via instant message from entertainment and community partner site, GirlGamer.com.
SteelSeries is a leading manufacturer of gaming peripherals and accessories, including headsets, keyboards, mice, software and gaming surfaces, selling in more than 75 countries. SteelSeries has been on the forefront of professional gaming gear since its inception in 2001, thanks to continued innovation and product development in cooperation with leading professional gamers. All SteelSeries products are developed in co-operation with professional gamers to ensure optimum performance and durability. SteelSeries supports the growth of competitive gaming and electronic sports through professional team sponsorships and community support all over the world. For more information, please visit https://www.SteelSeries.com.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA won't over rely on remasters and remakes
- Hacked Switches can now use USB mass storage HDDs
- Battlefield V's new War Stories trailer shows WWII drama
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- Sony fixes PSN message glitch
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon