AMD Introduces Sub-$100 AMD PhenomÂ™ II Processor, and AMD AthlonÂ™ II Processors, for Mainstream Desktop Computing Market
New AMD PhenomÂ™ II processors and AMD AthlonÂ™ II processors deliver advanced computing per dollar for multiple desktop product form factors
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -1/25/2010
AMD (NYSE:AMD) today expanded its AMD PhenomÂ™ II and AMD AthlonÂ™ II processor families for desktop with several new processors designed to give mainstream consumers advanced performance capabilities from their desktop PCs at increasingly attractive price points. As desktop PCs continue trending toward smaller form factors, AMD remains committed to maximizing the user experience by bringing platform technology integration, efficiency and performance benefits to consumers. Examples of the new processor offerings from AMD include:
The new AMD PhenomÂ™ II X2 555 Black Edition processor, AMD's fastest dual-core desktop processor to date at 3.2 GHz, is an ideal choice for the budget-conscious consumer's MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ® 7 system platform at an affordable $99 Suggested System Builder Price (SSBP).1
The new AMD AthlonÂ™ II X4 635 processor is designed to provide exceptional quad-core performance to handle the demands of multitasking and multi-threaded applications.
Continuing its commitment to providing high performance at affordable prices, AMD meets the computing needs of mainstream consumers with these new processors -- from gamers to social media devotees. This variety and value enables OEMs and system builders to develop compelling PC solutions optimized for Windows 7.
The new additions to the AMD PhenomÂ™ II and AMD AthlonÂ™ II processor lines are great choices for consumers interested in HD entertainment,2 casual gaming, digital file editing and social-media networking.
When combined with the latest generation of ATI RadeonÂ™ 5800 Series graphics cards and AMD 7-series chipsets, these new AMD Phenom II and AMD Athlon II processors can provide consumers with optimal user experience and capabilities such as:
- Brilliant HD entertainment experience2
- Support for DirectXÂ® 11 gaming feature
- Exceptional energy efficiency with dynamic power management
- Socket AM3 compatibility for flexibility and compatibility with motherboards based on the upcoming AMD 800-series chipset
- Advanced multitasking performance
- Optimized for Windows 71 and the latest sleek desktop designs
More information on AMD AthlonÂ™ II processor model numbers and comparisons is available here.
More information on AMD PhenomÂ™ II processor model numbers and comparisons is available here.
Follow all news from the AMD Desktop team on Twitter at @AMDDesktop
Read more from AMD bloggers about AMD at Home
Check out what they have to say about AMD at Play
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Ruin the fun in our 'Blockers' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Make a noise for our 'A Quiet Place' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new external GPU: Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB for $699
- Apple's most expensive new MacBook Pro costs an insane $6700
- Darksiders 3 devs announce new IP, Remnant: From the Ashes
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Qflash ans USB
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit