Active Media Products Launches 128GB 1.8-Inch PATA ZIF SSD
New 128GB SaberTooth ZX is Ideal Upgrade for Laptops and Netbooks using IDE ZIF Interface
Fremont, California - January 25, 2010 - Active Media Products, manufacturer of SSDs and endangered species USB drives, today added a new 128GB capacity drive to their SaberTooth ZX series of 1.8-inch PATA ZIF SSDs. The new 128GB SSD is ideal for upgrading popular laptops and netbooks. With sequential read speeds up to 80MB/sec and sequential write speeds up to 38MB/sec, the new 128GB ZX delivers impressive bootup, shutdown and application load speeds that are dramatically faster than hard drives.
Measuring 70 x 54 x 5 mm, the ZX has the same dimensions as 1.8-inch HDDs. It uses a parallel ATA (PATA / IDE) ZIF interface, and supports PIO mode 6 and Ultra DMA mode 6. SaberTooth ZX is compatible with most netbooks that use 1.8" PATA ZIF hard drives. The ZX is one of the fastest and easiest ways to upgrade a multitude of mobile computers to higher performance and more local storage. The SaberTooth ZX family now includes 32GB, 64GB and 128GB models.
SaberTooth SSD Advantages
SaberTooth SSDs are custom engineered as a more responsive storage alternative for netbooks. Active Media Products has developed an SSD selector guide to make it easier for users to pick the right SSD to upgrade their netbook. It includes scores of the most popular netbooks, UMPCs and tablet PCs. Upgrading to SaberTooth SSDs offers a wealth of advantages over default HDDs including:
- Substantially faster bootup and application load speeds compared to default netbook HDDs;
- Consume far less power than HDDs, which means you'll enjoy longer battery life and greater productivity;
- Lighter weight than an HDD;
- No moving parts;
- Completely silent operation;
- Produce less heat than an HDD;
- More rugged and reliable than an HDD.
"Now you can get up to 128GB of capacity in a very fast and reliable 1.8-inch ZIF SSD. This drive will make a lot of power users and mobile professionals happy with the performance and capacity gain. By removing the storage bottleneck most systems will enjoy substantially faster performance", Active Media Products' VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson said in a statement. The ZX includes advanced technologies such as ECC, wear leveling and bad block management that improve reliability and extend endurance. The 128GB SaberTooth ZX, part number N128G-PATAZIF-ZX, is available now through Amazon for $379.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in netbook SSD upgrades and manufactures the Obama and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV on PC will support mods
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- SEGA launch mystery game reveal countdown website
- Single-player AAA game production costs increase by 10x
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series