LSI Expands Custom IP Portfolio for Enterprise Networking and Storage Applications
PowerPCTM 476FP and high-speed embedded DRAM cores achieve high performance at lower power
MILPITAS, Calif., January 20, 2010 - LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today announced the addition of the multicore-capable PowerPC 476 microprocessor core and high-speed, embedded DRAM memory blocks to its industry-leading portfolio of custom silicon intellectual property (IP). The new processor core and memory blocks are designed to accelerate the development of leading-edge networking and storage SoCs used in high-performance applications such as enterprise-class switches, routers, RAID storage, servers and base stations.
Custom multicore integrated circuits allow OEMs to develop highly differentiated, high-performance solutions for compute-intensive applications. The new PowerPC 476FP offering from LSI, available on the TSMC 40G process, operates at clock speeds in excess of 1.4 GHz, delivering 2.5 Dhrystone MIPS per MHz. The new embedded DRAM block operates at up to 500 MHz, which is essential for real-time video processing and high-bandwidth networking applications.
"Next-generation networking and storage infrastructures need highly integrated SoCs to meet ever-increasing market demands," said Sudhakar Sabada, senior vice president and general manager, Custom Silicon Division, LSI. "With a rich portfolio of silicon-proven IP and a robust design flow, LSI helps customers predictably build application-optimized SoCs that allow them to differentiate in the marketplace."
LSI minimizes custom IC development cost and risk by providing OEMs with a broad, field-proven IP portfolio that includes general- and special-purpose processors, protocol cores, a gigabit Ethernet PHY, high-speed serializer-deserializers (SerDes) and embedded memory.
All embedded LSI processors are supported by an industry ecosystem of software that includes development tools and operating systems. The 500 MHz embedded DRAM core, licensed from TSMC, is the third generation of eDRAM IP available from LSI. It joins an extensive lineup of embedded DRAM IP blocks available from LSI for custom IC development.
The PPC476 and embedded DRAM design kits are available now for integration into 40nm custom silicon solutions. For additional information, please go to
LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) is a leading provider of innovative silicon, systems and software technologies that enable products which seamlessly bring people, information and digital content together. The company offers a broad portfolio of capabilities and services including custom and standard product ICs, adapters, systems and software that are trusted by the world's best known brands to power leading solutions in the Storage and Networking markets. More information is available at https://www.lsi.com.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director does Ultimate Q&A
- Game of Thrones Season 8: 'longer than 60 min' each episode
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Nov patch: New Boss/Quests & More
- Fortnite update intros 'Food Fight' Limited Time Mode, more
- MSI debuts GeForce RTX 2070 AERO ITX, the first small Turing
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms