HighPoint Announcing Industry's 1st SATA 6Gb/s RAID Capable Host Adapter
HighPoint Technologies - an innovative host-based RAID controller manufacturer is introducing the RocketRAID 620 Series- the industry's first SATA 3.0 host adapters with RAID 5 capability. The 620 series will double the data rate from 3Gb/s to 6Gb/s for high bandwidth PC applications, gaming, digital video and audio, video streaming and graphics applications.
The two members of the RocketRAID 620 Series - RocketRAID 620 (MSRP $69.99) and RocketRAID 622 (MSRP $79.99) will ship mid January 2010. These premier RAID host adapters are based on PCI-Express Gen 2 host interface technology and are designed to optimize storage performance and redundancy with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD. User friendly features include hot plug and hot unplug to add or remove storage devices; and OCE/ORLM to expand storage capacities or migrate to different RAID levels.
High Performance Companion for SATA 6Gb and SSD
The dedicated bandwidth provided by the RocketRAID 620 Series point-to-point connectivity is ideal for SSDs and SATA 6Gb interface storage - each 600MB/s lane is tuned for maximum performance. By supporting backward compatibility to SATA 3Gb/s and 1.5Gb/s interface users can seamlessly migrate their existing SATA cables/connectors and hard disks, to the RocketRAID 620 Series controllers.
Port Multiplier - Cost Performance Ratio
The RocketRAID 620 Series offers the most economical way to optimize performance to capacity ratio by supporting port multiplier devices. Smart fan-connectivity enables drive scalability up to 5 SATA drives through a single 600MB/s eSATA channel.
Smart and Robust RocketRAID Management Suite for Major OSes
The RocketRAID Manage Suite provides a user-friendly web-based management interface to maintain storage devices. It incorporates HighPoint's SHI (Storage Health Inspector) technology to provide active and early-warning features to maintain the integrity of the storage environment. The RocketRAID management suite supports every major operating system including Windows 7, Linux and FreeBSD.
The RocketRAID 620 Series are available exclusively through channel distribution partners (Bell Micro, D and H, MaLabs, and ASI).
Latest News Posts
- Titan Comics and Blizzard announce new Diablo comic books
- The Simpsons creator debuts 'Disenchantment' Netflix trailer
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit