ASUS Unveils Eee PC Seashell 1005P, 1005PE and 1001P, Featuring 2nd Generation Atom
ASUS today announced that its Eee PC Seashell series netbooks - which include the Eee PC Seashell 1005P, 1005PE and 1001P - will feature Intel's second generation Atom platform. The new Intel Atom processor N450 - when used in concert with ASUS' exclusive Super Hybrid Engine technology - will substantially extend the battery lives of every model in the Seashell range, making them ideal travel companions.
Eee PC Seashell models equipped with the new Intel Atom processor N450 will also feature ASUS' proprietary Super Hybrid Engine (SHE). SHE tailors the Eee PC Seashell's energy consumption patterns to suit any task at hand, optimizing energy efficiency and reducing power usage by up to 15%. Together, SHE and the Atom processor N450 enable the Eee PC Seashell to deliver up to 14 hours of battery life on a single charge.
The updated Eee PC Seashell will feature dual operating systems, enabling it to boot into Windows 7 or Express Gate. The latter boots up in just 8 seconds, allowing users to surf the web, browse their photos, as well as chat and play games online almost instantaneously. Using the Eee PC Seashell is as comfortable as it is breathtaking to behold.
The Eee PC Seashell experience is taken further with the ASUS Access service. Services such as the ASUS AP Bank, Game Park, ASUS @Vibe, ASUS Wi-Fi service, ASUS WebStorage, and ASUS Safeguard are readily accessible through the Access services shortcut preinstalled on all Eee PC Seashell netbooks. The extra 500GB of free ASUS WebStorage offers users drag-and-drop convenience when sharing files.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung phones in 2020: in-screen cameras and no bezel?!
- Games-as-a-service driving EA and Activision into the future
- Tekken 7 smashes 3 million sales worldwide
- Atari 2600 handheld retro-izes holiday season
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam