CorsairÂ® releases firmware with TRIM support for its Performance Series Solid-State Drives
- New firmware, rigorously tested and qualified by SamsungÂ® and Corsair, maintains optimal SSD performance in MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ® 7 operating systems -
FREMONT, California, December 21, 2009 - Corsair, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer and flash memory products, today announced that it has released firmware with TRIM support and a firmware update tool for its award-winning Performance Series P64, P128 and P256 solid-state drives.
The firmware (revisionVBM19C1Q) and update tool were both developed by Samsung, and have been rigorously qualified by both Samsung and Corsair using a large number of test platforms, in conjunction with a controlled end-user BETA test of the new firmware.
"This new firmware release for Corsair's Performance Series SSDs adds support for the TRIM performance-maintenance command in Microsoft Windows 7, further enhancing what are already some of the fastest and most respected SSDs on the market," said Jim Carlton, VP of Marketing for Corsair. "While other SSD manufacturers have rushed out bug-ridden firmware and update tools, sometimes with disastrous consequences for end-users, Corsair refused to jump on the bandwagon. We took the time to rigorously test and quality our tools, ensuring that our users will have the best experience possible."
The new firmware and firmware update tool are available immediately from Corsair's Product Forum. The new firmware has been specifically designed to add support for the TRIM command in Windows 7, which enables the operating system to progressively 'clean' previously deleted or 'invalid' data from the drive's memory cells, automatically maintaining optimal performance over time. In addition to the end-user firmware update tool for existing owners, all new Corsair Performance Series solid-state drives currently have firmware VBM19C1Q pre-loaded by default.
An image of the Corsair Performance Series P256 solid-state drive is available for download here.
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory, Inc., is a worldwide leader in high performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra- efficient power supplies, our flagship products, Including DominatorÂ™ memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts, and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of Flash VoyagerÂ® and Flash SurvivorÂ™ USB storage devices. Corsair offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit https://www.corsair.com
CopyrightÂ© 2009 Corsair. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- Everything you need to know about Samsung's new Galaxy S10
- Apex Legends' success sees spike in Apex Construct sales
- Samsung Galaxy Fold: foldable smartphone starts at $1980
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- random shutdown
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure