CorsairÂ® releases firmware with TRIM support for its Performance Series Solid-State Drives
- New firmware, rigorously tested and qualified by SamsungÂ® and Corsair, maintains optimal SSD performance in MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ® 7 operating systems -
FREMONT, California, December 21, 2009 - Corsair, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer and flash memory products, today announced that it has released firmware with TRIM support and a firmware update tool for its award-winning Performance Series P64, P128 and P256 solid-state drives.
The firmware (revisionVBM19C1Q) and update tool were both developed by Samsung, and have been rigorously qualified by both Samsung and Corsair using a large number of test platforms, in conjunction with a controlled end-user BETA test of the new firmware.
"This new firmware release for Corsair's Performance Series SSDs adds support for the TRIM performance-maintenance command in Microsoft Windows 7, further enhancing what are already some of the fastest and most respected SSDs on the market," said Jim Carlton, VP of Marketing for Corsair. "While other SSD manufacturers have rushed out bug-ridden firmware and update tools, sometimes with disastrous consequences for end-users, Corsair refused to jump on the bandwagon. We took the time to rigorously test and quality our tools, ensuring that our users will have the best experience possible."
The new firmware and firmware update tool are available immediately from Corsair's Product Forum. The new firmware has been specifically designed to add support for the TRIM command in Windows 7, which enables the operating system to progressively 'clean' previously deleted or 'invalid' data from the drive's memory cells, automatically maintaining optimal performance over time. In addition to the end-user firmware update tool for existing owners, all new Corsair Performance Series solid-state drives currently have firmware VBM19C1Q pre-loaded by default.
An image of the Corsair Performance Series P256 solid-state drive is available for download here.
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory, Inc., is a worldwide leader in high performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra- efficient power supplies, our flagship products, Including DominatorÂ™ memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts, and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of Flash VoyagerÂ® and Flash SurvivorÂ™ USB storage devices. Corsair offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit https://www.corsair.com
CopyrightÂ© 2009 Corsair. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- Join the fight in our 'Alita: Battle Angel' Blu-ray giveaway
- Bloodborne is getting its very own physical vinyl soundtrack
- Eddie Murphy might be come back to stand-up comedy for $70m
- The Witcher TV show will NEVER adapt the video games
- 'Holy Grail' of computer science found in Quantum Computing
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Nowhere Prophet out now on Steam
- Soul Searching is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019!
- Batter Up! Metalhead Software to Launch Super Mega Baseball 2: Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch July 25
- Represent Your Identity and New Ideas with .id Domain Name
- Asmodee Digital Reveals Pandemic's Announcement Trailer, Launch Date and Price