AMD Advances 3D Entertainment: Demonstrates Blu-Ray Stereoscopic 3D Playback at 2010 International CES
Forthcoming Blu-ray stereoscopic 3D standard one of many 3D technologies AMD supports in driving the art and adoption of 3D entertainment
SUNNYVALE, Calif. --12/7/2009
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that it will demonstrate the forthcoming Blu-ray stereoscopic 3D standard at the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show, showcasing how consumers will soon get to enjoy high-fidelity 3D entertainment once reserved only for theaters.
- A new way to enjoy Blu-ray entertainment: Expected to hit store shelves in the second half of next year, Blu-ray stereoscopic 3D combines the crisp, high-definition images the format is known for with high-quality 3D visuals that seem to jump from the screen. As a contributing member of the Blu-ray Disc Association, AMD is working closely with technology partners as the format specifications are finalized over the coming year in order to help ensure compatibility with upcoming AMD hardware.
- Seeing is believing: At the upcoming 2010 Consumer Electronics Show, AMD and CyberLink will jointly preview Blu-ray stereoscopic 3D entertainment for those in attendance. AMD will be located in the Grand Lobby (GL-8 and GL-10) of the Las Vegas Convention Center. The new standard is one of many 3D technologies AMD openly supports, along with 3D DLP televisions, dual-panel and line interleaved 3D monitors, and is part of AMD's initiative to further both the art of 3D entertainment, and its adoption in homes worldwide through close collaboration with 3D technology partners, including OEMs, software developers and content distributors.
- Continuing a proud tradition of technology leadership in graphics: Stereoscopic 3D for HD gaming and multimedia joins a long list of technologies that AMD has led the way in. Most recently AMD launched its series of next-generation ATI Radeon graphics cards, delivering the industry's first and only support of DirectX 11 gaming currently, and multi-display entertainment made possible by AMD's ground-breaking ATI Eyefinity technology.
"AMD has a long, proud tradition of delivering leading technologies to market - technologies that have a meaningful and positive impact on the PC experience," said Rick Bergman, senior vice president, AMD Products Group. "Stereoscopic 3D is set to be one of these technologies, and that's why AMD has committed the time and resources to ensure that when Blu-ray stereoscopic 3D is ready for the world, AMD will be ready to bring it to consumers, just as we have done recently with DirectX 11-capable hardware to support DirectX 11 gaming."
"AMD has been a valuable partner, developing hardware optimized for the highest quality video and audio experience with PowerDVD Ultra," said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. "With the addition of stereoscopic 3D support for the next generation of Blu-ray discs, we're ready to bring consumers an incredible new entertainment experience in the coming year. Our joint technology preview at the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show will give everyone a taste of what's in store."
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Capcom reveal Resident Evil 2 Claire 'Military' DLC costume
- Soulcalibur VI - Swords and Souls documentary video part 1/2
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam