CorsairÂ® launches DominatorÂ™ GTX 2250MHz ultra-performance DDR3 memory
- World's fastest DDR3 memory for extreme overclockers and performance enthusiasts -
FREMONT, California, December 3, 2009 - Corsair, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer and flash memory products, today announced the launch of its new Dominator GTX ultra-high performance DDR3 memory modules for IntelÂ® and AMDÂ™ platforms, designed specifically for performance enthusiasts, gamers and extreme overclockers.
Corsair Dominator GTX modules are individually screened and tested on multiple high-performance Intel X58 and P55 chipset platforms to ensure that they operate at the incredible frequency of 2250MHz at low-latency timings of 8-8-8-24 at 1.65V. They are designed specifically for performance enthusiasts and overclockers who want to achieve the highest performance possible and to break benchmark world records.
"Corsair has a long history of delivering the fastest overclocking memory on the planet, and our engineering expertise and unique understanding of the enthusiast market allows us to continue to push boundaries," said Kevin Conley, VP of Engineering at Corsair. "Corsair Dominator GTX modules are the most tightly-screened, highest-quality and fastest DDR3 memory modules in the world, and we look forward to seeing what the enthusiast and overclocking community can do with these exciting new products."
In addition to the incredible frequencies possible on Intel platforms, Dominator GTX modules have also been tested and verified to operate at up to 1800MHz CL6 in high-performance Socket AM3 motherboards for AMD PhenomÂ™ II processors, providing AMD enthusiasts with a powerful new weapon in their overclocking arsenal. The following table shows baseline performance in a number of popular DDR3 platforms.
Dominator GTX modules use Corsair's unique DHX+ heatsink and are supplied with extra-tall cooling fins to maximize heat dissipation. The part number for this module is CMGTX2, and it is sold as a single module, allowing enthusiasts to purchase two modules for dual-channel configurations or three modules for triple-channel configurations. For the highest performance and frequency scaling, Corsair recommends using the GT Airflow fan with tall mounting brackets, which is also available from the Corsair Online Store (part number CMXAF2 GTL).
The CMGTX2 is screened by hand, in multiple passes, by Corsair's lab in Fremont, California, and availability will be extremely limited. It will be launched exclusively on the Corsair Online Store on December 8, 2009, at 9AM Pacific Time, and will be sold on a first come first served basis.
An image of the Corsair Dominator GTX can be downloaded from here
About DHX+ Technology
Corsair's innovative DHX+ technology uses specially designed, high-quality heatsinks and a custom-designed PCB that allows both the front and rear of the memory ICs, and the printed circuit board itself, to be cooled. DHX+ technology also allows for the cooling fins to be removed, allowing for a range of modular cooling accessories including extended heatsink fins, the Corsair CoolingÂ™ Hydro Series H30 water cooling block and Corsair CoolingÂ™ Ice Series T30 sub-ambient cooling subsystem, which cools the memory up to 20Â°C below room temperature for maximum overclocking performance. DHX and DHX+ designs are covered by US Patent number 7,606,034.
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory, Inc., is a worldwide leader in high performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra- efficient power supplies, our flagship products, Including DominatorÂ™ memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts, and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of Flash VoyagerÂ® and Flash SurvivorÂ™ USB storage devices. Corsair offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit https://www.corsair.com
Latest News Posts
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- Overwatch director hints at cross-platform opportunities
- Deadpool 2 fails to beat Deadpool's opening weekend revenue
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit